Breastfeeding is coming to a close. I slowed down pumping at work after W was 6 months in November and now I don’t pump at all. I’d been hoping to keep up nursing at night and in the morning, but I can tell my supply is dropping. Plus W is not interested in nursing so much anymore. He’d much rather look around and see who could be in the room. I’ve had to tell M to stop talking sometimes because W loves to look at him.
W’s been eating all sorts of food. Avocado, bananas, sweet potatoes, green beans, peas, pears, carrots. The poop colors have been amazing. I’ve been making his baby food. I never thought I’d be the type to do this, but it’s cheaper and so frickin easy. Even for a lazy bum like me.
I am over the moon excited about Christmas. We took W to see Santa and I thought my heart would explode. He was wonderful and gazed at Santa during the pictures. I loved watching the kids in line – they were talking about what they’d say to Santa and they got to put their letters in a mailbox that had gusts of “snow” blow out when they opened it. It was magical. I can’t wait for W to start understanding the season.
AKD at Little Footprints had a wonderful giveaway and I won (I’m pretty awesome). I feel like I know her in real life, so this is extra special. Her prize was to donate to the March of Dimes in honor of an angel. I’m so proud that my little boy will have this done in his name. Thank you, AKD, for being so generous. You light up my days when you post and your daughter is a beauty!

5 comments:
Good to have you back. I would love to hear more gush about W. My friends with boys always ended breastfeeding around 6 months; most of the time it is because the boy just does not want to nurse anymore.
I hope you have a very Merry Christmas.
Pez
Everything sounds great! I think it is wonderful you were able to breastfeed this long. Sounds like W is a lot of fun! My baby pants when she is happy too! It's so cute. :) Merry Christmas!
I wish you would blog more about W. I enjoy reading.
I for one would love to hear gush about W! And yayyy for crawling! Are you all over the place yet??
Baby K acted like she wanted to crawl the day she turned 6 months. She has been doing the rocking every since. Even moves her arms and legs and then...BAM! There goes our little "fish outta water" as we like to call her. She flaps and goes crazy (video on my page is pretty funny).
I LOVE your pic in front of the fireplace. And I am SO jealous he liked Santa. Kailyn was NOT having it, as we suspected. She has a new anxiety with certain strange people lately.
Hope you have a wonderful holiday!
That is the SWEETEST picture - I love it as much as the one of him with the lights! He couldn't be any sweeter!
I feel like I know you, too - and I am so glad you won! You are truly amazing.
Post a Comment