Thursday, June 3, 2010

What a difference a year makes

I'm working on the rest of my birth story and hospital stay and I'll post those soon. But I just realized that my blog is a year old. Wow. I never, ever thought I would be here now. Last year I was sitting in my cold office writing to calm myself down so I wouldn't cry through the day. This year I'm in my cozy basement rocking a baby to sleep to give me a few more minutes here.

I'd love to have that first baby here with me now, but I would never, ever change what I have now. I am so in love with this little guy. He's everything I ever dreamed of and he's made me fall in love with life all over again. He's worth all the pain from last year.

I started reading blogs and got some hope from girls who were on the other side. I wondered what it would be like to not worry about losing a pregnancy anymore. Now here I am. I'm a success story. You can be afraid for 10 months and get through it with the support here. It is possible.

I'm still afraid. I wake up constantly during the night and listen for his breathing. I reach into the bassinet just to touch him and feel his chest rise and fall. I'll never stop worrying about him.

Thank you again for getting me to this side of the rainbow. I hope all of you will be here soon.

8 comments:

Jill said...

So happy for you! And now your story can encourage others!

Laura said...

Yay! Beautifully said! And I so look forward to what you have now. Thank you for being an inspiration and support to me. :)

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

This made me cry, Cheryl - your pregnancy has been such an inspiration to me. You've handled everything with such grace and positivity, and you're handling motherhood the same way.

StephaE said...

I am so happy for you! I remeber when I first found your blog! We were both going through some hard times...BUT look at us now!! :)

Dawn said...

Truly amazing isn't it? You were one of the first blogs I started following and what an inspiration you have been. You're story gives such hope.

Katie said...

It's so wonderful to see a happy ending for you!!

COngratulations on such a beautiful little boy. Our birth stories were very similar as far as BIG babies (Will was 8 lbs., 6 oz. and 21 inchese long as well!) and 3 hours of pushing leading to a c-section. And I pooed a lot with my pushes, too! :)

Cape Girl said...

What a beautiful post, Cheryl. Your blog has been an inspiration to me. Thank you for sharing your story, and for being supportive of me.

Laura said...

Believe it or not, the tanktop was from Gap! I told you I had a long torso! :) Perhaps I'll go back to not drying items to try to avoid any shrinkage. I hope all is well with you and W! Take care!