Everyone loves a reason to celebrate! Last Friday a coworker asked me when W would turn 100 days old and I realized it would be on Saturday. Woo-hoo! We didn’t miss it!
We went to the beach this weekend, so we were with a lot of my family. My parents invited everyone over to happy hour to celebrate. Some people were meeting W for the first time. My sister in law and niece showed up unexpectedly, which was wonderful. I love spending time with them, especially time when we can just sit around and talk. They were the only ones excited about the 100 days thing anyway. I put W on his boppy and laid out a pen, a paintbrush, a coin, my professional seal and a calculator (these are not the exact things you are supposed to lay out… we improvised). Whichever one he chooses is supposed to be his future. He looked at everything and slapped his hand on the calculator. So we’ve got a numbers guy. Not surprising… he’s got two engineers for parents.
The beach was wonderful. We spent most of Saturday and Sunday out there. We dug a chair in the sand so W could look around and watch the kids playing in the water. He slept when we put him in his tent. He ate when I pulled out my boob. The beach is the only place that I’ve ever nursed in public. I don’t feel as self-conscious there. An advertising plane flew above us on Saturday that said “Babies are born to breastfeed!” and M got very excited and pointed at it. He said it was up there for me.
We stopped for crabs on the way home and I learned some valuable lessons. One - Don’t put the baby next to Dad if you’re eating something messy. He barely wiped the Old Bay from his fingers when he started to dig the pacifier out to ease W’s fussing. I’m sure W would love a little zing with his plastic… The second is that crabs taste a bajillion times better when someone else picks them. We ordered 6 crabs for an appetizer and crab cakes for our dinner. I’m a slow picker, so I ate 2 while M ate all three of his. Then we realized that we had a bonus crab (!!). M had a fourth while I fed W (from a bottle – I’m not ready to NIP at the crab deck!). We saved the bonus crab for dessert. I held W while M picked. He’d give me every other piece and it was heaven. Perfection. I love crabs!!
And everything with W is still going great. I’m getting more comfortable with the daycare thing and pumping is still ok. W is having a growth spurt now and I’m not adding much to my freezer stash and barely keeping up with him. He’s holding his head up and starting to play with his toys. Everything is so amazing with him.
Monday, August 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Happy 100 days W!
I just am so glad all is going so well!
Yay! Glad things are going well! I love crab...but living in Arizona...we don't get it very much. I'm looking forward to my family's Christmas Eve tradition of crab (in California)...which will be right around the time that our Baby Girl is turning 100 days old, now that I think about it! :)
We tried the beach thing and it did NOT work! it was so windy it was blowing sand in the air and then our umbrella uprooted itself and blew away. LOL.
Wow, 100 Days!!! That sounds like a divine day. I love the way he picked his future! Hysterical!!
Happy belated 100 days! That picking of things is such a fun idea! ;) I love love crab - reading about you eating it has me drooling!
Congrats on 100 days! I'm not even sure I realized when Kailyn turned 100 days old. ;-)
I am not really stashing much in the freezer anymore either. She LOVES to eat! lol That's great you are still keeping up with the BFing and working. It's tough as I know. Keep up the good work fellow BFer! :o)
Ooooh, celebrating 100 days is a FANTASTIC idea!!! I love it.
And your little W is SO precious, I just love him! Sounds like you are doing just great, Mama!
Thank you for your extremely kind words on my blog :)
Post a Comment