Friday, October 1, 2010

BFN - and happy about it!

I’m back to POAS all the time.

Not because I want another baby right now! My hands are full. But because I’m in this no-woman’s land of no AF and the birth control with all these warning about taking it at the EXACT same time every day and the failure rate on the package is higher than the regular pill. It’s freaking me out. Combine that with feeling kind of queasy a few mornings this week and you’ve got a full on panic attack!

So I ordered a ton of internet cheapies so I could test every 2 weeks until we start trying again. Last night I took the first one. It was a perfect, clear, unquestionable negative and I had a nice sigh of relief. Anyway, the packaging made me laugh a little. Here I am buying tests in hopes that I’ll get a ton of negatives and I get pamphlets on OPKs and even a temporary tattoo with *~Baby Dust~* all over it. I asked M if he wanted to wear it. Nope.

I’m now blaming my crummy feelings on something going around. I have a kid in daycare. It’s about time that I get a bug.

Hooray! So, having a 4 month old is still pretty awesome. He’s such a great kid. I get all kinds of compliments from the daycare ladies about how good he is. He likes hanging out and playing with books. He does not like The Little Engine That Could and cries when I read it. This makes me sad because it’s my favorite kid book. He does really like The Belly Button Book and that one is fun to read. Every day with him is amazing. M loves him so much – I love to watch them together. We’ve figured out that M is the fun one and I’m the comforting one. W will fall right to sleep in my arms, but struggle to stay awake with M and watch him make faces. I love that he can grab toys now and will take stuffed animals when I hand them to him. We’re going to give him some cereal this weekend just to see how he’ll react.

I’m so happy to read about how so many of you are so close to babies – and one brand new baby today. I can’t believe how far we’ve come!

4 comments:

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

W is just thriving - I am so glad! Need more pictures!

Katie said...

Ooh, I know JUST what you mean. I POAS'd this last weekend and was QUITE relieved by the single line. It's stressful not knowing where my body is and isn't after years of knowing exactly how everything was working.

And Belly Button Book was Will's first favorite, too. I actually can recite the whole darn thing to this day! :)

Laura said...

So glad that you're doing well! When I had a hard time sleeping toward the end of the pregnancy, I went through my list of mommies and babies and prayed for them...so you and W got lots of thoughts and prayers in the last few weeks. Thanks for including me and Ella in your post. We're home now, so I'll update more soon. Take care!

Wendy said...

Glad to hear you're doing well that baby W is progressing well - where the heck has the time gone? I agree with another blogger - more pics are needed! :)