We had a great appointment yesterday! We didn't have to wait long and the doctor found the heartbeat right away. It was in the 160s and steady. I am still giddy about it!
After that, she threw me a curve ball. She asked, "Have you thought about delivery?" I couldn't believe she was bringing it up so early. I almost couldn't answer. Since M and I have only talked about VBAC a little and do not agree on it, I had her explain everything. The office lines up right with what I want. If I go into labor on my own, I can try to push the baby out. They will not induce me. I will have a C-section date scheduled. I am so happy they are supportive. I would LOVE to have a VBAC. I don't want to spend days in the hospital again. I don't want to deal with the recovery while having W and a baby around.
Of course, if it comes down to it, I'll be ok with another c-section. I'm not worried about it. They say planned ones are easier and recovery is better. And I'll have so much fiber in me that the poop thing is NOT going to be an issue (right?).
I think M feels better about it now. I'll send him some articles I have so he can be informed. His main issue is going through all the labor and pushing and ending up with the surgery anyway. It could still happen. But it won't be as bad as last time. If I do go into labor, we'll be at home for a while.
Telling our friends over the weekend was fun. We had W in a big brother t-shirt and lots of them didn't notice. They read the shirt and didn't get it! It was funny. We're slowly telling everyone now. I'm telling my coworkers at an office lunch today. M is telling his coworkers. I had W wear his t-shirt to daycare today. We still have to tell our siblings. We just can't get to see them! M's brother has been sick and my brothers are out of state (we'll see them in two weeks). I feel bad that they are finding out last, but they don't have to know that other people know!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Happy you're appointment went great! Have fun telling everyone =)
Awesome news! Glad that you're doing well. Have fun sharing your news...you deserve it!
I'm sorry I haven't been able to comment, but I've been keeping up and am so happy for you!
Yay for telling and all the positive feedback! :)
VBACs are such a joy; I know moms who've had them and, while it isnt possible for me, I totally understand your not wanting to be in hospital with plus 2 needing mama! I'm worried about Bobby and Maya at home for 5 days without me after mine; I'm hoping Michael wont be discharged before I am!
Thump thump, thump thump!
How was the Super Bowl party?
So wonderful to hear that things are lining up beautifully!
Woohoo! I'm glad you're having fun telling everybody. A big brother T is a perfect way to share the news.
Happy to hear things are going so well for you. Praying all continues to go smoothly!!
Post a Comment