Things are getting very exciting here in Maryland. Every person I see is wearing purple, including W. We typically haven't been huge Raven's fans, but we follow them and we have lots of family members who are crazy about them. I've been getting more into them this past year - one of the players was involved in helping the historic area of my town after a train accident. In October, the Ravens really showed a ton of support for the Orioles as they made it to the post season, so I started liking them even more. And now we're headed to the Super Bowl! We've decided to tell our friends about the baby at the party. The shirt I'll be wearing is a little tight around the belly... plus everyone will wonder why I'm not drinking all the Bud Light Lime in the house.
We're hosting M's family for dinner on Saturday night. I'm trying to make it into a little Raven's pep rally. We decided we'll tell them all at dinner with W wearing his Big Brother shirt (I need to put it out and wash it tonight). I can't believe we're telling so soon. I didn't want to, but then I really DO want to. I want to celebrate this. I'm tired of hiding our ultrasound picture whenever M's brother comes over. I want everyone to be happy with us. I'm still scared to tell because we told with our November baby right at this same time. He was most likely already dead when we started telling.
I have to keep repeating to myself, "Telling people does not make the baby die." Why is it so hard to believe that?
The squirmy feelings keep happening. Always in the same place. Always very small. I have to be very still. I've also been having lots of gas feeling, but those move around and are up in my belly. This little feeling is right at my uterus. So that's great and adding to my confidence. In fact, it is happening right now!
Most of my other symptoms have started to fade. I've stayed awake past 9:30 for several nights in a row. I'm eating more. I'm still drinking as much juice as I can get my hands on.
My next appointment is Thursday the 7th. That is my super-scariest appointment so I'll probably be talking crazy next week. I'll be out of the first trimester on Tuesday. I am still in complete disbelief and happier than ever.
Friday, February 1, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
So happy you're coming out of the closet and celebrating =) Have a fabulous weekend!!!
No Niners!! Sorry...I'll be rooting against your team this weekend, but I will be rooting for you as you share your news!
I keep wanting to make our "grand announcement" as well, and keep putting it off. Plenty of friends and family and colleagues know, but it's not "facebook official", so to say.
I also have what I'm calling "sensations of growth". No so much kicks...but maybe stretches? It's amazing to know (more of) what to expect this time around.
Hang in there!
I'm so happy you are telling! This will be a great weekend for you :)
Post a Comment