Monday, August 5, 2013

39 Weeks and 2 days left

I'm home today! Maternity leave is awesome. I finished up everything at work on Friday and passed off everything I had. Then I walked out of the door and felt like dancing. I might have danced a little. I feel weird not being at work right now and I feel weird because I dropped W off at daycare at 8:45 and now I'm spending a few hours just uploading pictures from the camera and making sure everything is backed up to our online photo storage. But these are VERY important things. I never get to sit and just do this. 

I still have 5 rooms to clean until the house is 100% ready (and when I say 5 rooms, I'm including things like hallways and the laundry room - I like to check things off lists!). 

Last night around 8 pm I was settled on the couch when I had a contraction. No big deal. Then 15 minutes later, I had another one. So I decided to download a timer app and see how things went. After the 4th one, I told M what was happening. We decided if they were still going around 9:45, we would call his mom and let her know. I had several good long contractions, about 8 minutes apart, until I decided to go pee around 9. And they stopped completely. I felt a little let down. But not too let down... I still have to clean those rooms! And I had been looking forward to my 2 days to myself at home. 

M decided to sleep in a little today. We usually wake up at 5:20, so we slept in to 6:30. He wants to make sure we are well rested in case we have to go to the hospital. I like this plan, too! When M went to work this morning, he left me every phone number of every person in his office just in case he steps away from his desk. I think I'll be fine. 

Here's something I've been wanting to show off for a while: 



Check these suckers out!! They are awesome. Laura sent these burp cloths to me a while ago and I love them. They are at the top of the pile - a few upstairs and a few downstairs. I love the colors and everything about them. Thank you Laura!!!


2 comments:

Laura said...

Yay! Glad you like them!

Good luck with the cleaning...and with everything else that comes this week! I'll be thinking of you!

someday-soon said...

So exciting!!! Enjoy your days of final nesting. Can't wait to "meet" your LO =)