W was sick yesterday, so M couldn't come to the appointment with me. He stayed at home all day with the little guy because I have a deadline at work this week that is coming up fast. MIL ended up coming with me. I wasn't worried because this baby is a mover, but I still can't take the idea of going to one of these appointments alone.
I got there and had to pee so bad. I don't know why I do that to myself. I almost forgot to pee in the cup. I remembered at the last second and pretty much peed all over my hand (not the first time). The nurse said that people forget all the time.
Our appointment was fast and perfect. The baby's heart rate was 156. The doctor told me a repeat c-section would be scheduled right around my due date, so I won't be getting to 41 weeks with this one. That's a relief! MIL was very involved. She stood next to me and pushed on my belly when the doctor did it. I think a lot of people would be annoyed about that, but I know she's very excited and it didn't bother me. She started crying when we heard the heartbeat. It's been a rough week for her with SIL's miscarriage and then M's grandfather passed away over the weekend. I was very happy I could provide a moment of happiness in the middle of all this.
The funeral services for Ms grandfather will be Wednesday and Thursday. I'm worried about SIL will feel during everything. It will be the first time we see some family members since the baby announcement and I'm sure lots of them will be gushing about it. Hopefully I can redirect their attention and keep the baby talk to a minimum. I'm going to talk to her about it beforehand. I wish I could tell everyone to just not talk about it!
My next regular appointment is April 8th. Our anatomy scan is March 19th in the afternoon.
Tuesday, March 12, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
WOO-HOO for another good appointment =) Happy your MIL could enjoy it with you. So sorry for all your family is going through right now with the passing of Ms grandfather and your SILs loss {{{HUGS}}
I love reading your weeklies! Yay for 18w! I have my 21w appt tomorrow and, since my MILs surgery, there's no one to stay with the kids except Peter, so this will be the 2nd appt he's missing. :( He's bummed. I know the staff well, but I still hate being there alone.
that's so great that your MIL got to share in some happy moments with you at this appointment - sorry to hear of your hubby's grandpa passing :(
you're flying by in this preg it's so crazy! Praying for continued great appts to come - did you mention if you are choosing to find out the gender??
Best of luck at the anatomy scan tomorrow!
Post a Comment