I reached 19 weeks over the weekend. We went to an indoor water park. I figured it would be a while before we could go on a little family vacation again, so I found a deal and took us away for 3 days. W had his own special kind of fun, which meant he spent most of his time playing with a steering wheel attached to a pole and watched everyone else. He said he had a great time. I was so happy to get some time to just be with him. Whenever we're home, we're always doing so much. On vacation, it's just the three of us and we could just talk to W and hang out. I loved it.
I was able to wear my normal bathing suit. But I looked terrible. Like I have a huge gut. My belly did not look cute in my suits. I look very cute in maternity shirts! I didn't worry about it too much. I took pictures with W and placed him in front of me. You can barely see my body! Perfect.
My back is starting to hurt if I don't support my belly while sleeping. I'm having trouble getting up when sitting on the floor. It's been spread around daycare that I am waddling (I'm not!). This baby is a little mover and if M had any patience, I think he'd be able to feel the flips from the outside.
Our anatomy scan was Tuesday afternoon. I went in MUCH calmer than I was with W. I knew the baby was growing and I knew the baby was moving. I could only hope that we'd see a healthy baby. And we did! The baby's head is measuring right on time. The tech never took any time to look to see if the baby is a boy or a girl. I'm assuming she saw something, but just didn't point it out (we didn't want to know). I consider myself pretty good at identifying the parts because I see a lot of ultrasound pictures, but I couldn't tell anything. I saw some "stuff" that could easily be an umbilical cord and I don't even know if we were looking at the body or the head at that moment. She said it is about 11 oz, which is also perfect. I counted heart chambers while she was checking them. We saw a stomach and kidneys (or at least the tech saw them) and a brain. We couldn't get a good shot of the face and part of the brain, so the tech left to talk to the doctor while we waited for the baby to move around a bit.
When she left, M asked me if everything was OK. I told him that we saw a great heart and the tech never seemed concerned and she never stopped talking, which usually meant it went well. When she came back, we got to see the face and she got a few more brain measurements. The doctor came in and told us the baby looked great. Not even one tiny spot of concern. I am thrilled and relieved.
This was the time with W where I really started to let my guard down. Everything is as good as it can be right now. I pulled out my scrapbook and we compared pictures of this baby to W's pictures. It looks very different - the head shape and the profile are less similar than I was expecting. W looked with us and asked to look at my belly again. He still doesn't see a baby when he looks at my belly button.
I'm going to post all of the ultrasound photos in a separate post.
Wednesday, March 20, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
YAY!!! Love this post!!!
So cool you are not finding out sex! I could never do it, but am going to try if we are ever blessed w/a third.
So glad your little one is doing well.
Post a Comment