First of all, I’m 17 weeks and still doing fantastic. The flutters have
changed into flipping and tapping. Perfect little moves to make my heart happy.
Today I am sitting at work in full maternity gear. I look a little silly in the
maternity shirts, but I look like a fat fatty in regular clothes. I have 2-3
regular shirts that are flowy and look very nice, but I can’t wear them all
week at work. I need to really sort out clothes this weekend. My closet in the
new house is a mess anyway – I hate the layout and the space isn’t efficient at
all. I’ll have to clean it out a bit to make room for the new clothes. I am
thrilled to have this problem.
Last night, my Brother in law and Sister in Law came over.
It was a spur of the moment visit. To make a long story short, SIL is very
newly pregnant and bleeding. They are terrified. I spent a long time talking to
her and explaining all that happened to me. It’s so scary. I wanted to hug her
and cry, but I kind of went into factual mode – I can talk very plainly about
the facts of my miscarriage. And when I was going through them, I never wanted
anyone to talk to me about my feelings (I did that all here). So I kind of have
a wall between me and emotional miscarriage talk. The good thing is that she is
still getting dark, positive pregnancy tests. Any time I’ve have bleeding, the
tests were either negative or faint when the bleeding started. Today she went
for a second blood draw and won’t know the results until Monday. That is so
long to wait. That’s all I can really think about right now.

5 comments:
Sending up some prayers for your SIL.
Enjoying my own taps and flutters and--dare I say "kicks" (I felt two the other night)--as well.
If you ever post a title like that again I'm going to come and smack you silly. Seriously, you have me a heart attack.
I'm so so so sorry about your SIL and how hard that must be. For what it's worth, if blood has any tinges of black or brown it's OLD blood which is actually okay, I'm one who bled, bled, BLED up thru week twelve, and Urban Myth (Peanut) turned three this week.
Much love.
So sorry to hear about your sister-in-law. It won't be easy, but having you as support may make it a bit easier if she does lose the baby.
So glad that everything is still moving along nicely for you. Hope you make it past the "in-between" stage with your clothes soon.
Praying for your SIL, and I am so happy for you at 17w!! WOO HOO!
Enjoy the flutters =) LOVE! Lots of PTs for your SIL. So tough...
Post a Comment