Monday, April 1, 2013

21 Weeks and sick again

We've been dealing with W's cough for most of the winter. We call it Kennel Cough. I took him to the doctor on Friday and we got antibiotics for an ear infection and something that is probably a bacterial infection in his lungs (nothing serious, just the usual stuff). Since W does things like cough into my mouth and lick my eyes, I came down with everything on Saturday evening. This is nothing like what I had in January, but it's a reminder that medicine is so wonderful and that I miss it.

I went on a site visit for work last week. I pulled into an Arby's for lunch and the spot had something written on it. I pulled back out and read "Expectant Mother." I parked in another spot. What's wrong with me? I told M about it. I told him I was afraid that someone would ask me to prove it. "All you have to do is show them your belly." Who would question that anyway? I have no idea why I didn't park there. 

Our Easter weekend was very busy. I ate a ton of candy. I am gaining weight, but I don't know how much. When I park my car in the garage, my door easily cleared some wood next to the car. This past week, I opened the door and sat down. I could not close the car door because it was sitting on the wood. I knew that was coming. 

The upside of being awake with a cold is that the baby is awake, too. This little one is a mover and I love it. 

I bought my very first pregnancy-related item this weekend - maternity tank tops. It made me happy. I still haven't bought anything for this baby. Mostly because I haven't had the opportunity. We're working pretty hard on getting W's room ready. Once he is moved out of the nursery I'll get some more stuff for the baby. I'm not sure how much W will want from his room. He'll probably want all of his books and of course his stuffed animals. I'll give him the blankets that were made specifically for him, but keep the ones I got for my shower in the baby's room. 

I gave W a baby doll. He hugged it and said it needed a nap. Then he took it upstairs, put it on the floor and put a laundry basket over it. Then he jumped on the laundry basket. 

We have a lot of work to do. 

2 comments:

Laura said...

I'm so sorry that you are sick again (I'm also fighting a cold), but your post made me laugh. I love the image of W licking your eye. Ella was licking me this weekend, and I couldn't figure it out, until my colleague asked if she had been around any dogs--which, of course, she had, and we had talked about how dogs lick to show they like you. But that was my arm--not my eye! And there must be something different between soon-to-be-big-brothers and soon-to-be-big-sisters, because Ella is totally in maternal mode--kissing my belly, telling me that she'll throw the poopy diapers in the diaper genie (and showing me how it works), and telling me that she'll carry her baby sister to the sand yard (at her school). I trust that W won't actually put a basket over the baby and jump, but I love the image now! Thanks for making me smile. :)

someday-soon said...

Being sick and pregnant sucks! Sorry it happened again. I've been fighting a little something again too but thankfully it hasn't gotten too bad. Next time take the expectant mother spot and show that belly loud and proud =)