Monday, April 22, 2013

24 Weeks and cocoa butter

My belly smells great. I was at the mall on Saturday to get W some shoes. I was SO happy to see the lotion/soap store that I really like had re-opened in a new location. I ran in there and got some cocoa butter lotion for my belly. It had started itching and I'm trying to avoid stretch marks. I was lucky enough not to get any the first time around - maybe it was because of the lotion! Who knows. Putting it on brought back memories. I hadn't smelled that scent in nearly 3 years. 

I think you'd all be proud of me - I parked in the expectant mother parking lot at Babies R Us without hesitation. 

I had a 90 minute prenatal massage on Friday evening. It was heaven. I should probably have one every week. 

I'm about at the point where my hair has stopped falling out. Now I think I'll need to get a haircut to manage all of the hair I'm going to have for the next few months. 

My friends threw me a sprinkle this weekend. It was a surprise to me - I thought it was a sprinkle for another friend (it was for both of us!). That was awesome and a girl flew in from far away to surprise all of us. I have the best friends ever. I spent some time last night just looking at these tiny diapers and remembering how small babies are. I'm used to humongous size 6 diapers for W (by the way, I'm doing the 3-day potty training boot camp this weekend. Send me patience and good luck), so these little bitty size ones are amazing to look at. 


3 comments:

someday-soon said...

I'm a believer in slathering on the cocoa butter too. I know they say it doesn't help but whatever =) Good for you for grabbing the EM parking! So jealous about the massage...sounds heavenly. Look forward to hearing about the potty boot camp!

Michele said...

So happy for this milestone! :)

Jill said...

So glad to hear you parked in the space - good work!!

Please let us know how the potty training goes. We are struggling!