Monday, April 15, 2013

22 weeks and 23 weeks

Pregnancy brain made me leave my 22 week post in with the drafts, so here are two weeks at once: 

22 Weeks: 

I took off a day to recover from my cold. It was a great idea. I haven't been too busy at work and the extra sleep seemed to get me back to normal. I really struggled with taking the day off. I've been hoarding my vacation time for maternity leave. My goal is to have 3 weeks of vacation and I had some cushion built in so I could justify taking a few days before my due date, too. Then I ended up at home on Monday because W was sick. So my cushion is gone and that makes me sad. It's not a big deal, I just like knowing that I had those extra days. I probably will still take off before my due date!

I am doing great at 22 weeks. I had an appointment April 8th and the doctor had to chase the baby down to get the heartbeat - it was in the low 150s. Next appointment is the orange drink! 

I'm getting bigger. It is happening in small bursts. I have a day or two of feeling like my skin is too small and then the next day my MIL says I look bigger. My boobs are all veiny now. It is gross to see. I keep them covered! 

23 Weeks: 

I saw the baby move from the outside last night! It was awesome. M saw it, too. 

I can see now why a lot of people are one and done. I am so happy and excited about another baby, but the idea is also exhausting. Dealing with W in the mornings is hard and I know it's because I'm already tired and impatient before I see him. I'm trying my best not to take it out on him. He can be a handful, but he can also be the sweetest thing ever. I know he just doesn't understand why I can't pick him up all the time. The other reason is that W is (normally) so easy and fits so well into our daily life. It's not going to be like this with 2 kids!

Tonight I am getting out my pregnancy body pillow (my nest). I need back support at night. I think that will make me a happier person during the day!

It's not all tiredness and complaining, though. I normally feel great. And seriously, this baby is a mover. I love it. Any minute I have any doubts, I just need to sit still and I get a little poke. I feel like this pregnancy is moving way faster than W's. I guess it's because I am so focused on W that I don't have time to sit around and ponder this pregnancy. 

I have a prenatal massage scheduled for Friday and W will be spending the night with some family. That will be a great time to just sit around and ponder. I can't wait. 

3 comments:

Jill said...

I'm glad to hear that you are feeling great most of the time! I hope you keep feeling great and stay comfortable in the coming weeks.

Dawn said...

The 2nd pregnancy was so much harder for me as well. Nothing like chasing a toddler when you're huge. I am still trying not to take things out on Addy these days. It's tough but so worth it.

someday-soon said...

Sounds like you're doing great =) I can totally relate to the feeling that some days the belly skin is just too tight *LOL* I remember laying on the counch in the evenings when my belly was bugging me during my 1st pregnancy but with a toddler to care for that's just not an option. I don't know how people have more than 2...I will be done after this =)