Monday, June 3, 2013

30 Weeks and Counting Down

30 weeks is a sort of milestone. I'm down to single digits in my baby countdown. And the countdown is on. I remember this is when people start telling you to "sleep while you can" and you want to punch them. Seriously. It's still true. I wake up 3 times a night (minimum) to pee. Then I wake up every hour to move myself around, which is not easy. I have to adjust the ceiling fan. I have to roll myself over. I have to move my body out of the pool of sweat. Then it starts thundering outside. I swear I slept more after W was born than I did in the weeks leading up to it. Also: Every time I sneeze, I get round ligament pain. 

The baby has hiccups right now!

I'm making a huge to-do list today. I've been telling myself that we'll get going on the baby stuff when we hit 30 weeks. And here we are. 30 weeks and I have tools piled up in the baby's room. I've done zero things in preparation for the baby. We've been doing other stuff that we wanted to get done, but are not exciting (like replacing exhaust fans). I can't wait to see all those little clothes again. I think that will make this sink in a little more! 

I'd like to add that yesterday marked 4 years since I started this blog. Thank you to all of the friends I have made along the way. You have really made a difference in my life and I'm grateful knowing you are out there!

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Wow 4 years!! Crazy isn't it?! So excited for your countdown & the excitement that comes when getting ready for baby!!

Jill said...

30 weeks! Exciting! But ugh, I remember exactly the sleeping issues you described. Torture. Hang in there!

someday-soon said...

Exciting to be so close =) I hear ya, sleep is hard to come by at the end. Good luck with your to-do list!!!