I went crazy this weekend. Good crazy, and I'm proud of myself. I built a bookshelf and organized the family room. Our family room was overrun with books. This isn't a bad thing, but I had no space for all the books. W has a bookshelf in his room, but we try to limit that one to books that are appropriate for bedtime. The downstairs books are everything else (and we do have storybooks down there, too). W LOVES books. And I love that he loves books. The main problem was that he couldn't find any of them because we kept them in a toy box and in our end tables. It was a cluster-f of books. Now they are all on a shelf and I'm thrilled. He loves it, too. The best part was that I got rid of all the terrible books (not to knock sesame street, but they produce some awful things). We read so much this weekend!
In the process, I weeded out the toys that W doesn't play with anymore and now we have more room for the baby stuff that will take over.
The crazy thing was that I started building the shelf at 8 pm on Friday night. That's not my style. Usually I'm laying on the couch nodding off by then.
On Sunday, I cleaned our powder room from top to bottom. I scrubbed the floors. The room had been smelling a little like pee. I blame the 3 year old. I wiped up the floor when he missed, but I guess it just wasn't enough. Now the room smells normal.
That's not the way I've been acting lately. My typical pregnancy cleaning routing is to do the bare minimum, maybe a little less. Now I want to clean all the things! I want to organize the pantry! This is better than steroids!
Baby news:
Most exciting: We have a date! The repeat c-section is scheduled for 10 am on August 7th. That is less than 7 weeks away. I cannot wait. Part of me hopes that we go a little earlier for the VBAC, but a bigger part of me loves the idea of having all of this scheduled. I sent an email to my parents, inlaws and SIL to let them know the details and tell them about the timetable so they will know what to expect. I don't want to leave anyone with the impression that they can come in with us in the morning and then get to see the baby at 10:05.
Least exciting: I had my insane leg cramp on Wednesday night. This happened with W, too (oddly enough, right at the same point in the pregnancy). I woke up in the middle of a dream (I was pumping milk into a ziploc bag in my car... what?) and my left calf had completely seized up. Eventually, M woke up enough to realize what was happening and he got out of bed to stretch my muscle just like a trainer on the sidelines. He is my hero. It wasn't my first leg cramp of this pregnancy, but all of the others have just needed a quick stretch to go away.
Still less exciting: I got the Tdap shot at my appointment on Wednesday. My arm stopped being sore over the weekend.
W news:
We're on potty training phase 4. This is the part no one talks about. W is potty trained for pee and poop. He is doing very well at night. However, he will not pull his own pants down or up. I am trying to prepare for my post-baby self and getting him to do this little step would be a great help. But he just looks at me and says he can't do it (he can*). So I'm bribing him. Pull down your pants and then pull them back up... you get an M&M. If I have to help (minus showing him the front and back and final adjustments), no M&M. It's not working very well.
*We were visiting friends and W was upstairs playing with his girlfriend. The girl came downstairs and told her mom that her dress was all wet. They had taken themselves to the bathroom. W was standing on the stool washing his hands. His pants were mostly back on, just very crooked. He did everything on his own.
Monday, June 24, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Yay for W! (We are on stage 4 with Bobby too... I hear you!)
And yay for having your plan in place! :) I know that made it easier for me too (We are T-28 days to our c/s date!!)
Want to come nest at my house? That stage came around 28w for me and now, sadly, seems gone, although I really want to get the garage organized- it is NUTS!
Impressive nesting weekend! We centralized all the books a few months ago and I agree, totally awesome. Congrats on the date, so nice to have that set. Wish I had some tips on the wiping, I think daycare helped us out there =)
Post a Comment