Here we are. It's July! That means it is almost August.
I'm trying to make an effort to enjoy these last few weeks. I really am. I want this to be my last pregnancy and I want to savor the moments, but it's hard to enjoy feeling like this. Not that it's hard *right now*. I feel fine right now, sitting at my desk with the cool air around me. It's still early enough that my hands aren't sweating. I just had a snack and a diet coke (I try to limit this to once a week and I hate it when I waste my Diet coke on Monday Morning!!), so I don't feel hungry or tired.
I've been craving gatorade. I've gotten out of bed on weekend mornings just because I'm so thirsty. I'll ask my doctor about it on Wednesday, but I'm guessing it's just because it's so warm outside and I keep sweating.
M and I had a date night on Saturday. We went to a fantastic grown up restaurant outside of DC and then to see a talk about my favorite radio show. The dinner was so great and relaxing, also very rich. Then we went and sat in a sold out theater for 2 hours and 15 minutes. By the end, I had my shoes off and my pants rolled up and I was sitting forward in my seat. I was still covered in sweat... my shoes were off because they would have ripped. They could not contain my swollen feet. I'd like to apologize to the people around me. Sorry.
Interesting things from this past week:
We went to the pool and got into the grown up pool for the first time this year (W prefers the baby pool). I felt so great in the water. So light and cool. Then I got out. Holy crap. It was like returning from space. I felt like I weighed 800 pounds. I had to stand and hold a handrail for several minutes. M must have thought I was going in labor.
We had a family picnic this weekend (which took 100% of my energy all weekend... now my house is a mess and all the clothes are dirty and I'm stressed) and M's cousin did the pendulum test. you know the one - you dangle a necklace over a pregnant belly. It goes in a circle for a girl and back and forth for a boy. I'd never seen this done and we had 3 pregnant girls at this party. It said boy for all three (one is confirmed boy). M's cousin would "zero" it over her hand and we'd watch it clearly go in a circle. Then when it went over our bellies it would be still and then start going back and forth. Kind of creepy, but also very fun.
Monday, July 1, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Many of my friends did predictions over this baby (because, while I got it right with the others, I had no clue this time) and we got "boy" every time (except for Maya, who was convinced she was getting a baby sister!)
You are almost there! Like you, I'm trying to enjoy every single second. I cant believe it's july and this kid will be here soon!!! fingers crossed for you, too! :)
I'm counting down the days/weeks too my friend. Sorry about the sweating, that sounds awful! For me it's swelling *blech* You make me want to go swimming =)
Post a Comment