Anyway.
Baby is head down. Heart rate was 140-150s.
Since I had an extra long weekend (W was sick on Wednesday, so I had 5 days off!), I got a ton of work done on the nursery. M got his tools out of the way and hung the curtains for me. We brought up lots of boxes from the basement. I did 4 loads of laundry* and folded everything. I still have 3 boxes left to sort out and at least two more loads of laundry. I will set up the crib with the bumper and then take it out when we actually start using the crib in a few months. I am crazy.
W helped me sort out baby stuff. I pulled out a ton of breast pads that I hated (why did I keep them?) and he found the baby food containers. I got distracted by organizing the linen closet (everything! must! be! perfect!) and came back in to see every baby food container filled with a breast pad. He told me the diapers were ready for the baby.
*Laundry: I know (because I am smart) that I don't need to use dreft. I know that the scent free/dye free detergent that I already use for myself is perfectly fine for the baby stuff. I also know that dreft smells like babies and I love it. So I bought one container and I promise not to buy anymore. But you know what was frustrating? Standing in Target looking at my options (I could only find a picture of one. You can guess what the other looked like):
So, right there and then I had to decide the sex of my baby. I ended up picking the girl detergent. Only because they had one bottle of boy detergent and three bottles of girl. I didn't want someone who knew they had a boy on the way facing the crisis of buying GIRL detergent for their baby BOY. The horror!


3 comments:
They should have an "It's a surprise!" bottle!
I'm not looking forward to the pants-off appointments either. I remember being so excited for my first cervix check last time...and then being shocked at just how much it hurt! I may decline if they offer the option when I go in on Wednesday.
I hope the rash clears up!
Sexed detergent?! Oh my =)
Happy baby is doing great and you are making lots of progress on the nursery. Sorry about the fungal infection, isn't pregnancy sexy ;-)
Yes, I warned a pregnant friend at work when she was so excited to get a cervical check. It was her second baby and I said, "Don't do it! Don't you remember how much it hurt? And it doesn't mean anything anyway." She came back and said "Damn, that hurt!"
If cervical checks are optional this time I will not be signing up! You can be 2-3 cm for weeks or you can be 0 and have the baby the next day. No thank you!
Post a Comment