But I will be sleeping better. I swear I'm the only person who looks forward to the baby because I'll be sleeping better. I know it could get worse ... But I've been wide awake at 4:30 every morning and my body will not let me sleep before 10:30 at night. And there's all the long hours of laying awake between.
The baby's going home outfit is washed. The bassinet is set up. We are installing the car seat bases today after dinner. We are SO close to being ready. I'm also almost completely ready at work. That means the baby will not be here anytime soon.
I had the GBS test last week at the doctor. And I currently weigh 8 pounds less than my husband. I have to keep feeding him late night desserts. It was the first of the no pants appointments and I was sweaty. Of course. So they gave me the little blanket to cover up and I threw it on the floor. The doctor walked in and I was sitting there all spread out with nothing covering the bottom half of my body. And I didn't give a single F about it. The doctor checked me and I was 1cm and VERY high. That meant it was the most uncomfortable thing ever. I might ask them to skip the next time (no I won't). And, as usual for me, I had to peel the table paper of when the appointment was over.
10 days left of work.
2 weeks and 3 days until we have a baby.

2 comments:
The lack of sleep was my biggest complaint when I was pregnant with Ella (though I tried so hard not to complain, given our past). Looking back, I probably would have slept a lot better if I wasn't taking a nap after work every day! So far, I've been able to sleep pretty well this time. I hope that you're able to find the rest that your body needs.
And I'm with you on the pain of checking--I'm definitely going to suggest it if my doctor doesn't request it!
Hang in there!
I can understand the feeling of wanting to enjoy the last few weeks but deep down being ready for it to be over. Won't be long now =)
Post a Comment