Tuesday, May 28, 2013

29 Weeks and Dirty Clothes

I noticed something this week. This is my second round with these maternity clothes. I lent all of them out to my cousin when she was pregnant last year. I also lent some shirts out to another friend. So some of my shirts are on their 4th pregnancy. I'm happy they've had so much use... but I also realize that pregnant people are sloppy. I'm not blaming my cousin or my friend. I'm blaming me. Almost all of my clothes have some sort of stain on them! I'm sure they are my fault. I feel bad for lending out stained clothes! Gross! I know it's me because most of the stains are grease stains. I should try to get them out, but I'm too lazy. 

Baby is still behaving. My mom was able to feel some kicks over the weekend. I had a very fast appointment last week with a heart rate in the 130s. I gained 8 pounds in 2 weeks, so I'm going to watch my snacks over the next two weeks to try to slow that down a bit. 

Here's something cool: We went to the beach on Sunday. The weather wasn't that great, so I wore capri pants over my suit. I wore a maternity bathing suit top. This was the very first time in my life that I had ZERO body issues at the beach. I saw super hot girls walking along and I didn't care. I took pictures of just me, full length! That never happens in a bathing suit! I sprawled out on a chair. I threw myself down in the sand to dig a hole. I just let it all out there and it was great. I don't know if we'll make it to the beach again this summer, so I wanted to hold onto that feeling. I wish we could all have that! I'm sad that I had to be 29 weeks pregnant to feel that way. I told M about it and he said that I should feel that way all the time. I'm glad the person that counts thinks that about me. I'll try to keep that feeling next year. 

2 comments:

someday-soon said...

I love the image of you letting loose and having fun on the beach =) We went to Mexico when I was 28 weeks with my DD and I loved wearing my bikini and seeing my big ol belly hanging out!

LuckyOnce said...

I agree totally about the bathing suit thing. My sweet babes left me with some rockin' varicose veins, but other than that I felt pretty good in my swim suit last summer when I was pregnant with G. Then again, I also loved being pregnant and wearing maternity clothes that showed off the belly for the same reason - no shame in having a belly when you're pregnant! So nice!