Monday, May 13, 2013

27 Weeks and heartburn!

The heartburn really isn't that bad yet. But it happens a lot! 

My mother's day was absolutely wonderful. We had lots of family time and M took W to the bathroom as often as he could. I didn't have to wipe anyone's butt yesterday! 

The baby seems to have moved up in my belly this week. All of the movement was low and seemed to be happening in my underbelly. The baby would kick me right in my c-section scar and it was actually getting to be a little painful. Now it is up and I can feel the kicks from the top of my belly and now they are fun movements and don't make me wince. We felt a butt (or a head) over the weekend sticking out a bit. It was fun to "play" with the baby for the first time. 

I came out on facebook after my appointment last week. I put up a picture showing W in his Big brother t-shirt. It was a small collage idea that I got from pintrest. I mainly did it because I want to use it in my scrapbook. It felt weird to post the news as I enter the 3rd trimester instead of the 2nd. At least my distant friends will all feel that my pregnancy is very quick. 

I was hesitant to put the announcement up. I knew that I wanted to do it, but I'd been putting it off for a while. I didn't want to hurt my SIL or any of my friends who are still dealing with infertility and loss. But I also didn't want to just start posting pictures of a newborn all of the sudden. 

So then I started wondering what people would think. I haven't been shy about speaking out about miscarriage on facebook. I post every October 15th about it. I will post articles that I find if they are interesting. I posted one of those inspirational photos yesterday about moms in mourning. I didn't say anything in the pregnancy announcement about my losses leading up to this pregnancy. I wanted to focus on the positive. Did anyone see it and think, "It's so easy for her. I wish it were like that for me." Or maybe, "I hope this one came easier for her." Or even, "There's a story of hope there." I hope I didn't hurt anyone's feelings. 

1 comment:

someday-soon said...

Happy you had a nice Mother's Day and didn't have to wipe anyone's butt *LOL* I had the same thing where the baby was really low in the beginning and thankfully moved up. That should make you much more comfortable =) Congrats on coming out!