I’ve talked about my little tree before. My mom gave it to
me after my 14 week miscarriage and I had to take care of it. I’m not a
gardener and I absolutely cannot keep plants alive. I have no idea. The plant
on my desk is only alive because a guy near me takes pity on it. My garden
looks ok because I only plant things that have no maintenance requirements. I
was upset when my mom gave me this tree because I knew one day the tree would
die and I would feel like a failure.
We have come to that time. We moved in August and brought
the tree with us. In the moving, I know I didn’t water the tree like I should
have. I saw it turn brown over the winter. And now it is completely dry and the
leaves (I think they are called leaves on this type of tree) are falling off. We
did the huge spring clean up and mulching a few weeks ago. M’s parents were
helping us. I told M that I thought they should take the tree and dig it up.
There is no way I could do that myself. He told me to wait and see how it goes
through the spring. So it’s still there, right where I can see it. Dead. I’m
upset about that.
26 weeks is treating me well. I have an appointment on
Wednesday with the Glucose test. I like the drink and the hour to read a book
and the McDonald’s breakfast I get for myself on the way to work. So I’m
looking at this as a little treat for myself. Is that weird?
I fell down on the street Saturday morning. I was walking
along to meet up with MIL who was watching W and had taken him for a walk. I
decided to walk up the street to meet them and walk back together. It was a
beautiful day! I went around a corner and stepped right off the edge. I
stumbled and fell on my knee. It was not a bad fall. I am not a fast walker and
I am not tall. I got a scrape, but it didn’t even bleed. MIL could see me, but
she was far enough away that she couldn’t even yell to see if I was ok. A car
was pulling up to the stop sign as I fell. The man rolled down his window and
asked if I was ok. Then he watched me get up and brush myself off and inspect
my knee. He asked again. I assured him and thanked him. When MIL got to me, she
told me that man was the head of OBGYN at the hospital where I will give birth!
Possibly the best person to have nearby when you fall down! M was concerned
when I told him about it, but the baby hasn’t changed its habits. I’m not at
all worried about the fall.
I’ll update again on Wednesday. It’s my last 2nd
trimester appointment!

2 comments:
Sorry about the tree =( Yes it's odd to look forward to the GD test *LOL* Happy your fall wasn't bad and you had good help near by if it was needed. 3T here you come!!!
I, too, have a tree. I actually have two--one that is significant of my third loss (and first and second as well, I guess), the other that was planted days after Ella was born. I did my personal Bible study time outside recently and reflected on my two trees. Ella's tree is watered on a timer; it was planted intentionally; it's flowering beautifully these days. The tree representing loss is a natural desert tree; and yet it has deep roots. I'm sorry that your tree didn't survive--in a weird way, I like to see me "loss" tree continuing to live. But I'm also so, so, so glad that you have W and this new baby who ARE indeed alive and thriving in your life (and that I, too, have Ella and this new baby).
Post a Comment