Wednesday, October 10, 2012

And the award goes to...


Congratulations, #4, on being the grossest miscarriage yet! I was actually at the point last night where I considered calling the on call doctor and talking to them about the whole filling a pad in an hour thing. I wasn’t exactly there, it’s just a lot of blood. I was kind of worried about bleeding out overnight and not having anyone home to notice (M is on a work trip, of course). Sorry for grossing you out (and I’m sure this isn’t the first time). Don’t worry. That didn’t happen. I’m fine today. Not even light headed! Today I’m relying on the tampon-pad combination, which I don’t like to do during miscarriages*. The super is done after 2.5 hours. And I’m wearing dark pants. I don’t have a lot of dark pants. This is a laid back business casual office and khaki pants are the usual. But at least these pants are loose.

The doctor’s office didn’t call me back yesterday, so I called again this morning and left a message that included the phrase “a lot of bleeding” and “I’d like to see a doctor.” Hopefully those are the magic words.

I’m pretty upset that we are out of M&Ms in the office snack cabinet.

 * Unless one is a medical professional, one should NOT HAVE TO HAVE AN OPINION on the use of tampons during a miscarriage. What the hell. 

4 comments:

someday-soon said...

I'm so sorry that you're going through all this and while M is out of town too *sigh* Hope you get a call back from the doctor this morning. Thinking about you {{{HUGS}}}

Dawn said...

Miscarriages suck! I'm sorry that at least this part can't go somewhat "easy" for you. I hope your Dr decides to call back. Praying for you.

Laura said...

I'm glad you're not light-headed today, but please take care of yourself. I ended up passing out in the hospital bathroom with my first loss (at least I made it to the hospital--my husband was also out of town at the time). I continue to pray for you.

Monica said...

I hope you are in sweatpants curled up and way more comfortable now!