Monday, October 1, 2012

One day late


Today is cycle day 27. I have only had one 28 day cycle in the past few years and it was the cycle immediately following my D&C. I usually go 25-26 days. So I am officially late.

Let’s start at the beginning. This is my 4th cycle of trying (as I have been complaining about because I’m annoying). I used cheapie ovulation strips this time. I started on CD 7 and started to panic around CD 12. With a 26 day cycle, I always thought that I ovulated on the 12th day. The line started to get darker on CD 13. It peaked the morning of CD 14. I had read lots of information about the sticks (thank you LuckyOnce!). I knew that ovulation was about 24 hours after the peak and that’s what we aimed for.

Here is a picture of those sticks. It was fun using them, especially when they started getting darker. M thought it was gross that I had them all lined up on the bathroom vanity. I liked it. It made me feel like I was in control (which I know is not true). The sticks are now close to 2 weeks old, so the darkness of the lines is a little different than it was when they were new. I also liked that you aren’t supposed to use FMU and I could do these when I was totally awake!



Every cycle of Trying Again has been the same. Sore boobs for the entire 2WW. I did not let this get me excited this time. I didn't test until the day AF was due. I didn't get my hopes up. I only browsed the June 2013 birth club once or twice. That's good for me. 

I POAS on Sunday morning. But it wasn’t FMU. I really had to go at 4:30 am I didn’t want to fumble around in the dark and spill pee on anything. Plus I wanted to be able to get back to sleep! I did use one when I woke up and it came up completely negative. I spent lots of time yesterday going to the bathroom and checking to see if I had any spotting. Nothing happened. Around 3 pm, I opened the drawer where I hid the test and if I tilted it just right and turned my head and squinted, I could maybe see a little something. But I’ve been around long enough to know that it could be an evap line and I was stupid for looking at it 8 hours later. But I know everyone does that. I let M know that AF hadn’t shown up while we were eating dinner (how appetizing!)

This morning I POAS again and we looked at it together after breakfast. We both kind of stared at it. I wouldn’t say it is 100% negative. It could be a little positive, but it is very very very light. M saw it, though. I know he is not crazy. I've already shown this to a few internet friends. The majority is saying that they can't see anything. I can't see anything on this picture, either. 



This isn’t my BFP announcement. This is my AF is late announcement. I’ll keep testing and I’ll let you know when I get a for sure BFP or a for sure end of this cycle. 

8 comments:

Dawn said...

Ok so if I use my super crazy eye I think maybe I see something. Mine was so dang light too, it was hard to see. I am praying like mad AF doesn't show & those tests only get darker!!! Maybe try another brand too. I have issues & pee'd on 3 different ones the morn I tested. A dollar tree, .88 Walmart one & an internet cheapie. They each showed a lil different. Soooo hope this is your month.

Wendy said...

ok so I don't really know what I'm looking at (is it a paper test) BUT if it's to the left of the glare I think I do see something!

Keeping everything crossed for you.

xo

Ms. J said...

There's a web site (peeonastick, I think), that shows what the beta level has to be for the various brands to measure a BFP. Surprisingly, some of the cheapos have a lower threshold than the big name ones.

Laura said...

I hate to say it, but I don't see anything in the picture. But it's entirely possible that your eyes (and your husband's eyes) are seeing something that just can't be picked up in an online picture! Praying for you!

someday-soon said...

I can't see a line but I find that it's pretty tough to get a picture of faint lines. Keeping everything crossed that a darker line is just around the corner =)

Kelli said...

Hang in there, Mama. I had those super, super, almost non-existant lines this time around. It took a few days for the lines to be discernable on those type of tests. My cheapy dollar store tests showed up much quicker and darker. Fingers crossed for you!

Heidi Grohs said...

<3

LuckyOnce said...

I'm glad the info helped you out. :) I have had the same thing when it's "Early" for testing. I thought maybe I could see a line, but wasn't sure enough to celebrate. I'm glad that you have something to celebrate now!