Thursday, December 27, 2012

7 weeks and it was Christmas!


I was 7 weeks on Christmas day and it was wonderful. I am still giddy from the joy on our mother’s faces as the fuzzy picture registered and they knew what they were looking at. I can’t stop smiling from showing my father in law where the baby was in the ultrasound and assuring him that it wasn’t a picture of a tornado. My dad had happy tears in his eyes.

I had to wear a belly band to Christmas Eve Mass. It made me very happy. All of my other pants fit fine. Those were just a little too snug. I think it might have something to do with the huge dinner we had with my parents the night before. More of a mashed potato baby.

As usual, my symptoms are out of control. The complete exhaustion is wearing on me. Throw in all of the Christmas celebrations and I could crawl into a corner and sleep for a week! I told my bosses on Friday. I didn’t want to tell so early, but when I started nodding off at my desk, I thought they should know why. They were happy for me. It’s better to tell early here anyway. I work on long term projects and this way they can schedule around me.

Right now I am looking forward to Saturday. I have a nap planned. 

4 comments:

Ms. J said...

MAZEL! I was thinking of you and imagining you beaming on Christmas Day as you shared the news :)

Dawn said...

So happy things are going well!! What a great way to celebrate Christmas.

someday-soon said...

Fabulous!!! Happy things are going so well =) I find it so fun that our 1st babies are 10 days apart and now our 2nd babies will be within a month of each other too.

LuckyOnce said...

Congratulations on a big milestone. :) Christmas is such a fun time to share this great news!