Wednesday, January 2, 2013

8 weeks and a Happy New Year!

My favorite part of New Year's was when M stood next to me and said, "You have a little belly!!" and rubbed it. It's a little embarrassing to have a little belly this early, but it is so reassuring. Something must be going right! My pants are still fitting, though. It's not that big! I hope no one else is noticing.

I still have some scary moments. When my symptoms are gone for a few minutes I convince myself that it's over. We don't talk about it at home. The ultrasound pictures are in a drawer. I have 3 appointments scheduled, but I only put the first one on the calendar.

I did a good job with restraining myself from telling the entire planet over the holidays. I told my parents as I said before, but I also told my close group of friends. That's it. I've been fake drinking all week.

This New Year's Eve was my 4th pregnant NYE. Four out of the past five years, I have been pregnant. I hope this is the last one! It was easy to fake it this year, though. We went to BIL's house for an hour and we were home by 9:30 pm. I didn't even make it to midnight.

6 comments:

someday-soon said...

So happy everything is still going great =) Happy New Year!!!

Laura said...

Yay!! Hang in there! :)

Dawn said...

Thrilled things are going well for you.

LuckyOnce said...

So happy that everything is still feeling good!!

Wendy said...

Happy New Year! And so glad everything is going so well still - I know it's easier to say it but you will gradually start to relax but it will take time not to panic or worry if the symptoms come and go!

Erin said...

What GREAT news!! Congrats!