Tuesday, January 8, 2013

9 weeks and I'm sick


I have the worst cold/cough/sinus infection ever in the universe. It is terrible. Poor, poor, sick miserable me. I’ve been to the doctor twice and I’m finally on an antibiotic. Today is the first day this YEAR that I didn’t wake up thinking that all would be easier if I just cut my head off. So it sucks.

I haven’t thought much about the pregnancy this week. I did consider calling the OB and asking for an ultrasound to make sure the kid is still in there. If I go in on Thursday and don’t see a baby, I’m going to be extra mad because of the misery I’ve been through and the lack of good medication during this illness. I don’t feel pregnant at all right now because I can only concentrate on trying to breathe.

Sunday was the worst night of all of this. I gave in and took some medicated nose spray. It gave me 3 hours of sleep, and it was great. I feel guilty about it and try to justify it, but I can’t really. It was selfish of me. But oh, it was so nice to sleep! I have been taking cough syrup every night. I don’t want to take too much, so I only let myself take it at night. That means I’m a delight all day!

Anyway, I’m sorry for complaining so much. Our next appointment is Thursday morning. Someday I will be not-so-sick. 

7 comments:

M said...

Sorry you are feeling so bad. I feel like this entire pregnancy I've been sick with this cold/allergy/sinus thing that just won't go away. I usually take Benedryl at night which helps dry up some of my drainage and also helps me sleep. But during the day, I'm just miserable. Get well soon!

someday-soon said...

Sorry you've been so sick! My OB let me take Afrin (once a day for 3 days) during my last pregnancy when I got a horrible head cold. The baby needs a rested mama...so don't be too hard on yourself. Hope your u/s goes great on Thursday!!!

Laura said...

I am so sorry that you're not feeling well!! It's never fun to be sick--but especially not when you're trying your best to be a healthy sanctuary for another life. Don't beat yourself up for taking medicine to take care of yourself--you need to care for YOU too.

Michele said...

I had the flu for 2 weeks (the week before and week after Christmas) and I am still getting over the damn cough. It blows... I'm sorry :(

Ms. J said...

My OB was fine with me taking the Z-pack when I was horribly sick at 24 weeks. I was also allowed to take Benadryl up to twice a week to help me sleep.

I'm sorry you're wanting to beat your head with a stick :(

Dawn said...

When I had my oral surgery my midwife told me you can't take care of your baby if you're not taking care of yourself. You don't need to feel bad (but I know it's hard). Hope you feel better soon.

Praying Thurs goes great!

LuckyOnce said...

I took a couple of doses of Nyquil toward the end of my pregnancy with G. :/ Sometimes you just need to sleep. *hugs*