The appointment today had a lot of waiting. We were early and the office wasn't even open yet. We had to sit in my car and play on our phones until we saw the door unlock. The nurse stuff was normal. I've lost 4 pounds since the last appointment (this cold means I'm not very interested in dessert). Then we waited in the office for about 20 minutes before the doctor came in. Usually we sit in silence because I can't talk about anything, but we spent the wait time discussing dinner for our anniversary. We're going to Baltimore on Friday night and taking W to the in-laws for a sleepover. I'm excited.
By the time the doctor showed up, I was actually pretty calm. I was very afraid before because the weird cloudy pee was not there on Tuesday (it was back on Wednesday). She tried an external ultrasound, but there was only blur. I did not worry about this because I didn't think you could really see anything at this point. Then she went for the inside ultrasound and kept the screen turned away from me. I'm not really into that, but M could see. I watch his face and he started to smile and then he nodded for me. Hooray! We got a quick little picture and the baby is measuring perfectly (which means a little ahead because they consider me due 3 days before I do). I didn't get to see much on the screen, but my picture is a little peanut with a placenta, body and either horns, arms or legs. I can't tell. It is beautiful.
Next appointment is the First Trimester Screening on the 22nd.
I'm very happy.
Thursday, January 10, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
YAY!!!! Great news!
Fantastic!!! Happy your little peanut is doing well =)
That's great news!! :)
Awesome! Glad to hear that things are going well.:)
Horns?! Maybe it's a (gasp), unicorn?!?! Dare we dream?!?! Lol.
Sounds like a big rainbow :)
MAZEL on a great appt!
Thrilled for you! Great news!
Yay! I have some happy little tears welling up in my eyes just for you!
Post a Comment