Monday, June 11, 2012

Happy little house


We spent this weekend packing up our house. We decided it was a good time to move. This winter we talked about moving, but then decided to stay in our current house because we were going to have a baby this fall.

Then we weren’t having a baby anymore. Now’s the time to move. I’m not pregnant and W is big enough to entertain himself. Perfect timing.

We have a lot of work to do to stage our house. I pulled books off bookshelves – I left only the books that people would see and have “good thoughts” about. I took away books about politicians so I wouldn’t offend someone on the other side of politics (although someone on the “other side” might not fit in our neighborhood that well). I took out silly books. I left bestsellers and mainstream series. I left all of my pregnancy and baby books. I took out all of the pregnancy loss and grief books. Then I worried about offending someone who might walk in my house. What if she is suffering from infertility and seeing W’s room makes her sad? What if seeing those books makes her sad? Ultimately I decided to keep the happy pregnancy and baby books. Wouldn’t you want to move to a house that has “happy living child” vibes?

Look at this lovely house, folks!! No baby loss here! Nothing to see but happy faces! 

I’m also planning to take my little tree with us when we move. I haven’t told anyone about this. I’m sure M will go along with it. I figured that a few days before we leave, I’ll go buy a similar tree and dig up the current one. No one will notice or care. But I’ll know. Our current house backs up to walking paths and I will be able to see the back yard when I’m out on walks. It would kill me if someone dug up my little tree and threw it away. So it’s moving with me. My little tree will always be safe. 

3 comments:

someday-soon said...

Good luck with the selling & good for you for taking your little tree {{{HUGS}}}

Elizabeth :: Bébé Suisse said...

I would prefer the "happy living child" vibes! Good luck with the move and with the tree transfer - it's perfect that you're taking it with you.

LuckyOnce said...

I hope you are able to sell quickly and get yourself moved soon! Moving is so stressful. Sending the best of luck for what's to come.