Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Still snotty!

I’m still sitting here all snotty, so I’ll understand if you don’t want to hang out with me. I don't want you to get sick.

I tried the SinuCleanse last night (thanks for the idea, good enough!). I can’t say that it helped out with my cold, but it had me laughing! I laughed when I saw the little teapot thing, I laughed when I watched the video, I laughed when I stuck the end up my nose. Then I started shaking with giggles and snorted the salt water up into my brain. I tried it twice and I might try it again tonight, just for the humor. If anything, I recommend you go watch the video and wonder why they only show still photos.

I researched all kinds of other medicines and all of them listed scary side effects (Club foot? Hip dislocation? Hernias?). Then everything says, "Use only if the benefits outweigh the risks." Talk about a guilt trip! I'm so sorry you have a cleft palate, my dear child, but mommy had a runny nose!

I won't complain about this anymore. I kept telling M last night that I was uncomfortable, but the end result is well worth my suffering. I'd feel like this for the next 32 weeks if I had to.

6 comments:

LuckyOnce said...

Yuck. Colds when you're pregnant are no fun. Feel better soon!

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

Those warnings are just horrible - "you could disfigure your child horribly, we don't know - but, you know, it's up to you."

Feel better!

Wendy said...

sorry to hear you're still snotty. Try a nice steamy shower to open up those nasal passages? My favorite cold remedy is rubbing Vicks (like just slab it on) on the bottoms of my feet and wearing thick socks to bed (yes i know, super sexy) but for some reason, it works! try it - i'm pretty sure it won't affect the baby!

Michele said...

The joys of being sick. My OB told me that, if I happened to get a cold, to just "suck it up". (I was nervous because we thought Peter had a cold but, turns out, all was fine). Fun way to spend 9 months!

Ms. J said...

Forgot to add . . . I always change my toothbrush when I am sick, and again when I am completely healed. Kinda gross to keep that ol' germfest around, in my opinion.

good enough said...

Yeah, the sinucleanse is comical...keep doing it morning and night and it will help, I promise. As for Michelle's OB, who told her to "suck it up," I hope it was a woman cuz if a man had said that to me when I was PG he wouldn't have gotten a very "friendly" response from me!