Tuesday, February 2, 2010

An entire post about pee

I think I’m pretty close to the crazy peeing part of pregnancy. It would be nice if I was already there and this was as bad as it gets. But I’m pretty sure it will get crazier. I have to say I love getting classic pregnancy symptoms! It makes me feel normal!

I’m pretty sure I have pee on my knee right now.

I get an amazing pressure in my belly area when I have to pee. It doesn’t even feel like it’s supposed to, it’s like I’ve had to re-learn that feeling. But it goes away the second I pee. And I pee a lot (as in a large amount) and it goes all over the place. I have to “be neat and wipe the seat” every time.

My favorite part of the day is when I get home from work and I can pee freely. Like take off my pants and contort my body into any position necessary to get all the pee out. I can’t do that in a work bathroom.

Over the weekend, M and I were doing...you know... and in the middle we had to stop so I could run to the bathroom. I had somehow gotten myself in a pee position and I almost peed all over him.

I wear only sweatpants at home because it is easier access for peeing.

I’m not even going to start with gas….

11 comments:

Ms. J said...

I coulda written this, or some version of it, LOL. I hated the weeks (right about where you are right now) where I had EXTREME pressure, and yet eeked out a mere ounce or two of urine. WTF?! And poop? I needed to swipe the step stool from my kid (she uses to brush her teeth) to give myself the necessary leverage to push out the world's tiniest blob (yes, TMI, but you opened the door, sistah!)

Have you sneezed-pee yet? Good times.

I have a damn difficult time peeing in public, too. "The crouch" ain't cuttin' it, and hasn't for some time now. Hurts my belly to be in that position.

Now at home I can sit and stretch out, but wish I had a handicapped stall/bars so I could get the hell back up again.

Ahhhh . . . now that YOU have written about this and invited comments, I don't have to. Thanks, honey!

Laura said...

You make me smile. :) I got up to pee in the middle of the night last night...which also made me smile. Perhaps I'll resent it later, but for now, it's a nice symptom. Thank you for being so candid!

Jill said...

You're funny. Actually, this morning I woke up in such severe pain that I thought something must be wrong. But no, I just had to pee that bad and it was so uncomfortable. I didn't go during the middle of the night and apparently that was my punishment!!

I hope your peeing situation doesn't get too much worse. :)

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

...And your post title made me laugh so hard I had to go. That's hilarious (in a totally "I'm so sorry" kind of way)!!

Alyssa said...

OMG! I thought I was crazy before reading this! I said to DH last night that lately when I pee, it gets on my butt. What the heck?! haha

JW Moxie said...

How's this for a comment about pee: this post almost made me pee my pants.

And since we're on the topic of pee - the BEST pee of your life will be after you have the baby. You think you've been emptying your bladder now? Just you wait. RELIEF! :)

Erin said...

I am not too uncomfortable in the pee department yet. It was HORRIBLE in the first trimester. I know it won't be too much longer now that I am getting up every night to pee again. Ugg.

Kailyn's Mommy said...

I completely understand! I thought it was bad that I had to cross my legs every time I sneezed unless I wanted it coming down my legs. Well now with the bronchitis I've had every time I cough (which is a lot) I have to cross my legs!! I'll admit I've had a few accidents the past week! eeek!! ;-[

Kelli said...

Love it...I think I could have written the same post! And I'm a few weeks behind you. Heaven help me as we get further along...I may need to invest in some Depends!

I totally agree about the 'classic' symptoms, though...isn't it good to be 'normal'??

Michele said...

I am laughing so hard I think I need to pee!

LuckyOnce said...

OMG, I LOVE this post, and the complete and utter honesty of it all. Love it. :)