Around 1:30 yesterday, I realized that I was sitting in the blood drawing room at my OB office and I was reading a book about vampires. I had to laugh a little at that because I didn't want to pay attention to what was going on around me. The Tech had a huge list of tests in front of her and she had to look them all up because she had never seen some of them before. I learned all kinds of new stuff about blood tests. Each test has to go in a specific color tube. Some tubes need to be frozen. Some tubes need to be mixed and some need to be separated. I had all of these. She had to go back and get a second set of labels for my blood tubes.
I can't watch the needle go it and I can't watch my blood drain into the tube, so I occupied myself by trying to count the vials. No good! You try to think while your life force is getting sucked out of you (well, not that bad, but the vampire books are really getting to me). I counted somewhere between 13 and 19. Some were pretty small, so the amount of blood wasn't that bad.
I'm happy about the amount of tests I'm getting done. I feel like we might be able to come up with an answer. I tried to remember the ones she looked up, but, again, losing blood = no memory. One was Factor II something and one was for Lupus. I tried to look these up, but got confused by the medical terms. Really I just want to find something that says, "Here's your problem! You can fix it so easy! Take this pill, and have a great next pregnancy!"
Friday, June 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment