I have a love/hate relationship with shopping. I love shopping for *stuff* like holiday decorations (I LOVE holidays) and silly gifts, but I’m not a huge fan of shopping for clothes. I don’t fit in anything. Short legs, long torso, big on top (which is nice for some things), ugly ankles, etc. I did an awesome job yesterday, though. I got 11 new shirts (2-3 for work, the rest are casual), 2 belts and a pack of socks. Most of my casual clothes are t-shirts (I’m almost 30!) and I needed some nicer things to wear. I’m happy with what I got, I’m wearing a new shirt today and I feel cute.
However… there’s always a however. I saw a pregnant woman in the parking lot and got mad that I was shopping for normal clothes. You know those cute, flowy shirts that are all loose in the waist and look really adorable on skinny girls? Well, they look pretty dumb on a big-chested girl who used to be pregnant. They looked ok, but I knew I wouldn’t be able to wear any of them. They made me sad just to put on – how could I wear that in public? I know this is kind of self absorbed, but when people see me they will feel bad for me because it will look like I’m wearing maternity clothes for no reason. So everything I bought is kind of form fitting. No loose shirts for me!
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment