Yesterday I had lunch with a friend, D, and I realized how different I am now. We talked about my upcoming vacation to Scotland. M and I decided to take this trip so I could have something to look forward to, I always need to have something to plan and think about and be excited for. It doesn’t take much. Sometimes I’m really excited about dinner. Just last night I was counting down the minutes to “I Survived a Japanese Gameshow!” This can get out of hand and sometimes I get so excited for a plane trip that I forget to get excited about the actual vacation. Several hours where I can just sit and read! What could be better! McDonald’s breakfast on the way to the airport!
Right, moving on.
So, M and I are waiting to try again until after this vacation. I told D this and she said something about how you wouldn’t want to be pregnant and on a cool vacation. Well, number one, I wouldn’t be going on this trip if I were still pregnant. Also, it never even occurred to me about how a pregnancy would inconvenience me on the trip. I am most concerned about miscarrying while sightseeing in the highlands. I don’t want to spend the entire trip afraid to use the bathroom. Who cares if I can drink wine (although I DO like to drink wine). Our first due date (September 10th) is in the middle of this trip. While I may be drinking as much wine as I can, I’ll also be wishing I wasn’t even there. A baby would be so much better.
In other trip-related news, M and I had a driving lesson last night. I’m not so, uh, confident when it comes to driving a stick-shift. I was told that we couldn’t do a 10-day driving trip unless I could drive the car we will be renting. We’ve tried this driving thing before and we’ve stopped each time because both of us were in tears (me – frustration, M – fear that his car will explode). I did ok this time and I decided to quit while I was ahead. I can stop easily now and I’ve gotten over my fear about rear ending every car in sight. But I’m a little rough on takeoff. I’m sometimes afraid to pull in front of traffic in my reliable automatic Civic. Now I’m just taking this a little at a time and I picture myself taking M’s car out for a spin just for fun! I will be a wonderful driver!
When I got out of the car last night, M almost cried again. But this was because I was drenched in sweat and it looked like I peed my pants. He wiped off the seat and laughed the whole way home.
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment