Thursday, September 17, 2009

Vacation Pictures

Here's a little blurb about our vacation. I got a little distracted and forgot to tell you guys anything!

We had an amazing time. It really was a once in a lifetime trip. We spent two days in Edinburgh, then rented a car and drove through the highlands with a stop at Loch Ness and then down the coast and back over to Edinburgh. I got the itenerary from Secret Scotland. We didn't follow it exactly but we did use a lot of their advice and there's no way I could have done that all on my own.

I have about 800 pictures. I'm pretty sure you're not interested in all of them. Here is a sample:

The Queen's home in Scotland, Holyrood House
It doesn't slope like that. I'm not a good picture-taker.

Inside of Edinburgh Castle.

I really liked the cows there.

Kildrummy Castle

Cawdor Castle (someone actually lives here)

Urquhart Castle, on the Shores of Loch Ness

Linlithgow Palace, from the inside courtyard. Easily one of the best we saw. We could have spent all day here exploring different rooms. Amazing.

The castle hotel where we spent our last night.

3 comments:

hhammer said...

wow! It looks so cool!

Kailyn's Mommy said...

WOW! It looks beautiful and so cool there! Thanks for sharing.

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

I am so jealous. :) That looks so beautiful - and you're a great photographer. :) Our cows here in the midwest rarely look that peaceful.