Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Maybe hairdressers do know everything...

I made my first appointment: September 29 at 4 pm. If the stars line up correctly, I could be 7 weeks at that point, so we could see a definite heartbeat. I still don't "feel"pregnant at all and I wonder if I'm making everything up. I took another test this morning and it was the darkest I've ever seen (one of the internet cheapies).

I’ve told two friends, but I need their support. And they understand why I’m so scared and they didn’t call me crazy when I told them I couldn’t talk about the future of this pregnancy. If we see a heartbeat, I don’t care who knows. I waited until the end of the first trimester last time and that didn’t save me from any heartache. I’m not going to make grand announcements, but I’m not going to pretend to drink either.

I got my hair cut yesterday. That’s a big event for me – I hate the feeling of that cape wrapped around my neck. I feel like I’m going to die for the entire 20 minutes. Anyway, the lady told me that my hair is thinning on top. This isn’t a surprise to me, I’m a ponytail every day girl and my grandmother used to tell me that I would be bald like my dad if I didn’t stop. Several stylists have told me to stop pulling my hair back. This woman told me that’s all crap and I should have my thyroid checked. She asked if I had any recent hormone changes (check) and I spilled the beans about this pregnancy. When I had my million blood tests, one of them was for my thyroid. The last time I talked to my doctor, she said those results hadn’t come back yet. So I called this morning and left a message asking about the results. Hopefully she’ll call me back soon.

I know you have a picture of me in your head now with a comb-over. It’s not that noticeable! Stop staring at me!

6 comments:

Ms. J said...

Lovin' the comb-over image, LMAO!!!

Yes, telling is tricky and scary, after all we have been through.

I am fairly convinced that if I tell my boss and Board of Directors, it will all go "poof!"

Alyssa said...

I also learned the hard way that not telling people during the first 12 weeks makes it a heck of a lot harder if you have a loss, because those who don't know also can't be there to support you. I think telling a few friends is a good idea.

If your thyroid affects how much hair you have, mine must be in the total opposite direction of yours. I have way too much hair...you can have some if you like! haha

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

I don't suppose stress could have anything to do with it, either?!

Make sure that you take care of you, and tell people on your own terms.

You are such an amazing support. Thank you.

One Dream Two Hearts said...

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Comb over! You crack me up lady!

I too have too much hair (like Alyssa)...you can have some..it's hot and heavy!

Monica said...

If you keep puling your hair back so tight, you will never need a face lift...

I am thinking of you and hoping hard that these days get better and better for you, even if they are never completely stress-free.

Michele said...

Maybe my baby fine hair is all because of thyroid! I can stop blaming genetics, LOL! ;)

Fingers crossed for a perfect ultrasound...