Tuesday, September 1, 2009

On Holiday!*

I’m leaving for my consolation prize trip tomorrow. I am both excited and nervous. The only thing I am really afraid of is the driving a stick shift on the wrong side thing. So I might take a round-about in the wrong direction. Or maybe somebody will rear-end me when I stall out. In either case, my driving troubles are mostly when I’m trying to get moving, so the accidents will all be low-speed. Hooray!

My first due date, September 10th, will come and go while we are driving from Oban to Inveraray (Two towns I had never heard of before this trip). I’m sure I’ll feel a little melancholy, and I’ll probably cry a little, but I’ll be fine overall. I think I have come to terms with that loss. After all, I only knew about that pregnancy for 11 days, and I never really had a good feeling about it. I knew it wasn’t going to work out after a week. I know that pregnancy wasn’t successful because something was very wrong. I have a cause (a vague cause, but obviously, that egg and that sperm were not going to make a person). I can talk about that pregnancy and not cry.

So, pregnancy #1, I miss you and I’m sorry you are not still with me. But I understand why you aren’t here. I’d still rather be in labor and screaming in the hospital instead of being out on this trip.

* I was going to call this "ON VACATION, BITCHES!" but then I didn't. I'll be back on September 12th. I'm not fancy enough to update while I'm away. I'll still be thinking of each of you every day. I hope to return to news of a great first ultrasound, a BFP, a happy post about how you are sent home from the hospital because your twins are doing so amazing, and other great news.

6 comments:

Ms. J said...

I have no idea where those towns are, but I endorse being out of town for any and all negatively-associated date memories. We have done that ourselves, twice.

I hope I will be among those that is still trudging along, with hopeful news, when you return. After all, I couldn't possibly cope with bad news while you are away, so I will have to just insist on good news since you will be out of pocket ;o)

Send us a postcard!

Michele said...

Have a wonderful time!!!

Alyssa said...

I hope you have the time of your life on vacation! The trip I took in March inproved my mind frame incredibly. I wish the same good vibes to you!

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

I hope that you have a vacation filled with fun and wonder.

Kailyn's Mommy said...

Hope you have a GREAT vacation!! Our due date is the 12th. I wish we could go on a little vaca but the hubby is actually on shift (firefighter) so I will actually be spending it alone. I think I will be ok, though.
Can't wait to hear how your trip was!

Wendy said...

Have a great trip!! Our first due date is on Sept 27th. I am so busy at work around that time there is no time to get away but hopefully being busy will be the trick. Can't wait to hear the adventures when you return (and maybe a few pics? :)