Friday, August 28, 2009

Maybe you could share it with me

Today I am urging all you beautiful infertile or sad mommas to go out and buy a Mega Millions ticket. We all beat some great odds before, so at least one of us should be able to win something, right?

My baby died somewhere between 12 weeks 3 days and 14 weeks 3 days. We’ll go with my chance of miscarriage for that pregnancy being 5%* (I’ll ignore the fact that it was my second miscarriage). Odds of winning any prize in the Mega Millions drawing: 1 in 40 (that’s 2.5%)!

Do you see what I’m saying here? We have all been on that small side of statistics before – we should take advantage of it. Go get ‘em!

*Please avoid reading this data. I'm only linking this so I can remember the source. Going further into the stuff on this chart is downright depressing.

2 comments:

Michele said...

So... I couldnt help it. I had to click on the link and read the stats. Damn... I should be a millionaire. How is it that every time I scratched a ticket, I lost, but I happened to win the lottery at miscarriages and infant losses...

You were right. Avoid the statistics.

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

Oh, my gosh, one of my next blog topics is about statistics. We should more likely be hit by a bus.

I am so very sorry for your loss - but was so moved by your comment on my blog. I wish neither of us had to, but it helps to know that there's someone who is celebrating the same "should be" milestones that I am. God bless - thinking of you.