I held a baby this weekend! And I didn’t cry at all. I was so afraid to meet R’s little girl, and I’m glad I waited. Just two weeks ago I cried at the IDEA of holding a baby. I held her close and watched her sleep and played with her little toes.
I was at a “book club” meeting. My great friends from high school have a book club as an excuse to get together once every few months. We talk about the book for 10 minutes (or less) and then get distracted. This month’s book was Dead Until Dark, which was great. But I think we talked about Twilight for three times as long as we talked about the actual book.
M held the little girl twice and even soothed her when she started crying. He’s going to be a great dad someday.
Monday, August 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Good job! I live next door (in a duplex) to a baby and I dreaded the idea of her coming home from the hospital and me having to hear and see her all the time. Of course, once I met her I fell totally in love and now I go "borrow" her all the time.
Yay!!! Great job!!!
Progress is progress. Good for you!
You are going through EXACTLY what I am going through. I don't know if I would have been able to do that! GREAT JOB! I jam very proud of you!
P.S. I gave you an award!!!
Post a Comment