Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Keep Growing!

I was reading today’s Kirtsy post at LFCA. The post is Bloom Where You’re Planted and it reminded me of my own journey. Lori talks about the plants in her garden that have just shown up, accidently, and how they have taken root around her house.

Right after my D&C in May, I was looking around my yard. I had a garden full of tulips and daffodils that I was so excited about. The daffodil stems poked out of the ground, grew tall and green… and never bloomed. Only half of the tulips (maroon and orange, of course) showed up, with maybe 3 flowers out of the two dozen bulbs. I had a garden full of stems. This brought on a bad night with the husband, with me crying those cries that don’t even make noise. How come I only could grow things half way?

Lori’s post reminded me of my little accidental baby. I tried so hard for the other ones. I wanted them to grow right where they were planted. But this one… this plant that just shows up and grows, like her stubborn flowers, is a survivor. Come on baby. Keep growing.

4 comments:

Lori Lavender Luz said...

This metaphor also makes me think that, at some higher spiritual level, there are no accidents. Even though it didn't seem like it at one time, the Master Gardener knew what he/she/?? was doing.

Here's to your garden. May your bloom stay rooted until ready to bless the world with his/her presence!

Dawn said...

Very well put. I am constantly praying for your little one to keep growing!

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

Thinking of and praying for your little garden!

Wendy said...

I was depressed after my 2nd m/c so to cope, I planted two beautiful rosebushes in the backyard. But for some reason, neither of them bloomed at all this season. Which made me even more sad. But that is life and sadly parallels what I've been through this year, but I'm hopeful that they will bloom next season...praying that your lil' 'accident' continues to bloom and grow...as a fellow blogger said above, only the Master Gardener knows ;)