I had my 24 week appointment this morning. Everything went great. I saw the doctor for about 5 minutes. She found the heartbeat immediately and then the baby moved, so she found it again. We were steady in the 140s. I will probably have the 1-hour glucose test at my next appointment in 4 weeks. I say probably because the doctor talked to me about it, but forgot to write it on the form. The lady scheduling appointment is going to make sure. My office doesn’t require fasting or anything before the test, so it will be fine if I have it and fine if I don’t.
A girl came in while we were waiting. She was there for a miscarriage follow-up. She had some questions about the paperwork and I knew what she was asking about. I wanted to run up to the counter and hug her and tell her that there are so many of us out here. But I knew that I couldn’t do it. I would have been so upset if someone had done that to me. I kept a look out for her when I was in the back doing the regular appointment stuff, but I didn’t see her. I remember sitting in the same waiting room and not looking at anyone because I didn’t want to see a smiling pregnant woman. So I sent her lots of little prayer and kept my face down. I hate hearing that this keeps happening.
Thanks for all the great comments on my last post. I checked on the tree this morning and hasn’t had any more damage. The picture is a “before” picture. I don’t want to take an after picture… so sad. M painted the office/nursery closet over the weekend, so I wasn’t allowed to get on the computer while the paint dried. Thank you!! Hopefully I’ll be able to catch up on ICLW today!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Glad to hear that the tree is in stable condition. :)
Sounds like all is good in doctor land, so that's good news too.
I had a situation similar to yours on one of my last visits. There was a woman quietly crying in the waiting area near the exam rooms. I SO wanted to hug her or tell her I had been there too (and I don't look pregnant yet, so it would have been a little better). I, too, looked for her when I got out of my u/s but she had already left. So sad that we're part of such a very large club.
I went to my 25 week appointment today and found out I failed the 1-hour glucose. Now I have to go back for the 3 hour. Also found out I am anemic.
Grrrr.
Glad to hear your appointment went well and your tree is okay ;). I know it is upsetting but it will grow back.
Oh and about the m/c lady...I would have wanted to just hug her too.
I have had my share of being the one who just m/c in a room full of preggos.
I'm so glad that you had an uneventful, positive appt! :) Hopefully they get the glucose test all figured out for you.
The only time I knew someone was having a miscarriage was before we'd lost Maddie, way back when we were just starting the infertility path. It's such a heartbreaking experience - hugs to both of you;
YAY! Great!!!
It sounds like you had a good appointment. I know it's hard to hear about other's losses, and wanting to help... I just force myself to remember how I felt in those times and just pray for them.
Congratulations on your pregnancy! It sounds like all is going great! The story of the girl you saw made me sad, and I just so wish we could reach out to each other in waiting rooms and share our stories but I know you're right, that it's not socially acceptable...but when I was in my OB's office for followup on my lap for endo, in pain and over a year post-miscarriage and just hoping this would bring me a step closer to a successful pregnancy and feeling awful about all the pregnant women surrounding me, I wish one of them could have told me that it wasn't easy for her either, and offered me some hope of future success. Of course, if someone actually had reached out, I might well have thought she was weird, and almost definitely would have started crying, so maybe it is for the best that we have these social constraints ;)
Post a Comment