So, happy 2010! I didn’t do a year in review post… I guess we could all just go back and read my posts from the last year. But I like reading everyone else’s! That kept me busy all morning!
I think I’ve changed. I am actually starting to think this is for real. I might really really have a baby in May. I need to start believing it, because my house is starting to believe it! We’ve cleaned out so much stuff to make room for another person in our townhouse. Not that we have a tiny house, we’ve just expanded to fill the whole thing! We got 7 trash bags from our bedroom (5 goodwill, 2 trash) over Christmas and 5 more (1 recycling, 2 trash, 2 goodwill) from the guest bedroom over New Year’s. I’m still not done in that room. I need to do my yearly purge of books. I only get rid of books I don’t like and I give them to my mom. She works at a hospital and they sell used books in the gift shop. That’s great idea. I apologize, people stuck in the hospital, for giving you the books I don’t like. But you might enjoy them!
We did something drastic on Saturday. We went to Babies R Us. This was the first time M has ever been in a real BRU. He has been shopping for baby gifts at the crappy Toys R Us baby section, but he has never seen the glory that is BRU. He was overwhelmed (surprise!). The car seat/stroller part really blew him away. We walked through the 3 aisles of these things and he was sweating. I told him our plan (we’re going to use his parent’s Consumer Reports account to do some research and narrow it down to a few). He felt better and we moved on. We picked out the nursery furniture we’ll buy. For realz. We’re still kind of looking and I’ve learned that we don’t have many other options. The local places just don’t sell cribs, which makes us sad. I found one store that has one crib/nursery set and we’ll check it out this week. I plan on actually purchasing the furniture sometime after my next appointment (Jan 25th – 24 weeks, 5 days). So sometime in February. M seems to think the only furniture our kid will ever need is a bed and a small dresser. I’m going to push for the bookcase because any kid of mine is going to need a place to keep books. I’ll let you know who wins.
So that’s exciting. We’re getting the house ready. I should take some before pictures of the computer/craft room so you’ll know what a mess this is. I am still happy that we painted the room yellow 4 years ago. One less thing on the list!
Monday, January 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Ooh, have fun, Cheryl! The inaugural BRU trip - my husband's eyes glazed over!
You'll have to let me know what you decide with car seats and strollers! When we were pregnant with Maddie, we'd originally wanted to go Britax, but our local BRU doesn't have any rear-facing infant seats - just the convertible bigger ones that would swallow a newborn. We ended up getting a gender-neutral Chicco stroller/car seat combo that is rated really highly on safety. We're going to (hopefully) use it with this baby, rather than take everything back. Let me know what you end up doing!
How exciting!!! Can't wait to do these same things. So very happy for you.
Fun, fun, fun! Can't wait to see pics of baby's room!
Definitely exciting!
I used to work at BRU about 11 years ago. It was overwhelming then (not to me though, I loved it all!) so I can't imagine how crazy it's gotten!
your comment about your hubby's eyes glazing over had me smiling - so happy for you that you made the trip to BRU ;) can't wait to one day do that with my hubby too!
Post a Comment