Ok, well now I know what Braxton-Hicks contractions feel like. And the articles are right-on.
Yesterday afternoon I was working and my stomach/uterus area felt tight. I walked around a little and it was mildly uncomfortable. I didn’t think much about it. It went away after a while, but I wasn’t focused on it.
Yesterday night, it happened again and it was crazy uncomfortable. It didn’t hurt at all, I just couldn’t get comfortable. And my uterus area was hard as a rock. It took a while to go away and once it did, I was almost sore and I just kept hoping it wouldn’t come back. Of course, we went to bed in the middle of it, so I had plenty of time to get worked up about it. I convinced myself it was the beginning of the end. It took me about an hour and a half to finally fall asleep. Then I woke up because I drank a sh!t-ton of water before bed (I remembered something about dehydration causing the contractions). It hasn’t happened since then and I looked up the articles on Braxton Hicks this morning. It’s the first time the internet has actually calmed me down. I haven’t had anything happen since last night (except for the monster kicks and flips all morning).
I told M about it this morning. “That just means you are getting bigger.” Thanks, Dr M.
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
wow! Braxton Hicks already?!? Haven't had any of those yet. Sounds like fun! lol
I have heard of people getting them early on, some as early as their first trimester.
You're not worried are you? They are completely normal....just anothe fun thing of pregnancy!!
Shoot, my back is having braxton hicks!! lol.
I'm sure it's unsettling but at least you know it's fairly common and completely normal. Hope it doesn't continue to cause you pain!
How rarely I say this, but thank goodness for the internet! Hopefully they calm down for you here soon!
Yay for normalcy! And thank you for the link with information about Scotland. I believe that I started following your blog shortly after your return from that trip. I pray that it brings me the same sort of luck (if not sooner). Take care!
Post a Comment