Hi! Nice to meet you!
Here’s a little background on me – I’m currently 24 weeks pregnant. I had two miscarriages in 2009. The first was in January at 5 weeks and the second was a missed miscarriage at 14 weeks in May. I was diagnosed with heterozygous MTHFR and I have to believe that one baby aspirin a day is keeping this kid growing.
My current struggles are keeping the hope alive that this baby will be ok (and I’m doing well with this right now), keeping my stress level low at work and dealing with some people around me that make me crazy.
I’m in a good place right now that sometimes makes me feel even sadder – I cry more about my baby boy than I did earlier in my pregnancy, but less than I did before it. I think about how I missed out on so much with him, but then realize that I wouldn’t have this baby without him. It’s a weird place to be.
This is my A-Z that I did a long time ago.
My normal rambling for today:
I discussed reaching viability with M last night. He asked me what it meant and then said that we shouldn’t think about that right now. He’s right. I told him the signs of pre-term labor and how I don’t think I have any of them and then he talked about a ping-pong tournament at work.
He’s talking about making a career change. He’s so unhappy at work and I wish I could do something to help. He had one interview, but then his contact changed jobs so that kind of fell through the cracks. We talked about him getting his MBA and what that would take. It will be a lot of work and time… but M is a born leader. He’s a classic oldest child! An MBA is the way to go for him. I know it will be hard to start this fall with our life at home changing so much. We’ll have to make some sacrifices… it will probably mean staying in our house longer than we had planned, it will mean having to eat dinners that I cook, it will mean he’ll be away a few nights a week and need study time. But it feels right. I’m proud of him.
Today I’m going to a meeting and I tried to put on clothes that would kind of hide this belly. It’s not possible. My belly sticks out past my boobs now (barely). This project will be due in the summertime and I’m not trying to advertise that fact that I (probably) won’t be the one finishing it. I just don’t want to deal with the questions. I’ve never worked with any of these people before, so I don’t know if any of them will ask. They probably won’t even notice. I keep forgetting that I work with only men.
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
You neglected to mention that you're one of the sweetest people on earth. :)
Good luck with your project, and with all of the life changes. It sounds like you guys are making some huge changes that, while difficult initially, will be perfect for you in the long run.
Stopping by from ICLW...congrats on your pregnancy!! Since you're a bit ahead of me, I hope you don't mind that I follow along. :)
All the best to you!
I agree with you being one of the sweetest! I am so happy that you are at the stage that your belly is bigger than the boobs, that is when people "know".
I'm already trying to camouflage, and I'm hardly even showing! I get it!
Just remember that not only do you work with men, but I'm assuming they're also engineers. They will NOT notice. (I can say this with authority since my father, husband, brother-in-law, and father-in-law are engineers.) :) Even if they did notice, they will never ask.
It's such an awkward phase, right? Just personally, wanting to be excited, but not wanting to be *too* excited. But - do it! Get excited! Show off that belly! Yay!
ICLW
Does camoflaging at your stage even work :)? I know I already feel like my tummy feels huge.
Ps: my husband has an MBA- it was huge decision that left us 150,000+ in debt, but it's had enormous payoffs in terms of his career.
Congatulations on your pregnancy, hope it all goes well and that motherhood is all you hope it to be.
ICLW
Rach
www.thegalwho.wordpress.com
Congratulations!
I'm a MBA advocate - It does help in the long run!
ICLW
http://daega99-arewethereyet.blogspot.com/
Congrats of the baby.
Men just think so differently then us. I smiled at his thinking about ping pong.
ICLW
Your writing is so inclusive. I felt like I was an old friend visiting your diary.
A few things I'd like to mention: 6 years on from my last pregnancy, I still sleep with 1 pillow under my head, #2 being hugged and pillow #3 between my knees. DH spoons my back and that's the way we keep things cosy. Also, I used to love hot baths, turtleneck sweaters and an electric blanket. Now, I would combust if I used them. That preg warmth never went away. I do, however, use an 8"X10" electric heating pad. It stays plugged in next to my bed and it does wonders for my back, 10 minutes in the morning and 10 at night. Might work for you.
Don't try to contain your excitement. Its a special time and you don't want to block out those feelings. I wish you a fantastic 16 weeks ahead and lots of joy.
Lisa (yourgreatlife - ICLW#44)
wow - i'm shocked that you can still hide in your clothes. I cannot hide at all anymore. I know a bit of how you feel.. My project goes live in June, and I won't be there either to support it.
I finally told everyone this week. Many of the men told me they had a suspicion, but knew never ever ever to ask. So, I guess they knew.. I thought I was hiding well. Honestly it makes me fel better that everyone at work now knows.. But it defintley was a source of anxety.
I wish you the best!
Visiting from ICLW. Congrats on the pregnancy.
I hope your hubby is able to find a job that he will enjoy. My husband currently hates his job too and wants to be a farmer. yep, I said farmer.
Post a Comment