Sunday, January 10, 2010

January 10, 2009

One year ago, I woke up in the middle of the night to severe cramping and lost my first baby. I was 5 weeks and 3 days pregnant. I knew it was coming and I'd been waiting a few days with only a little hope. I had no idea what to expect. I couldn't stop crying.

Last night, I woke up in the middle of the night because a new baby was moving around all over the place. I couldn't stop smiling.

I couldn't be happier about where I am today and the contrast between myself one year ago and myself today is immeasurable.

My hopes are high right now. I hope that I'll be posting a similar thought on May 18th. One year after the worst days of my life, I hope to be experiencing the best days.

9 comments:

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

I am so glad that you're in such a wonderful place, Cheryl - and I next few months are just going to be amazing for you!

pregnant in Manhattan said...

how lovely to feel your baby moving!

And so glad this serves as a healing one year. I sort of think those of us that have had to work harder TTC, enjoy it more.

Jill said...

So sorry about what happened last January and last May. What a striking contrast last night! I'm so glad there was something to smile about. :)

Laura said...

I'm so glad that you're at a great place right now. I earnestly hope and pray that I can experience the same joy that you are experiencing now. Take care!

Dawn said...

So happy this baby is bringing you the joy you deserve.

LuckyOnce said...

I'm hoping right along with you!!

Wendy said...

what a great post- I can really tell by the tone of your recent posts that you are really starting to enjoy this pregnancy - even with the doubts and checks every now and then - this is truly your time and May 18 (or around there) will be the best day of your life by far :)

Kailyn's Mommy said...

Isn't it so nice to have that baby kicking you to remind you of where you are now?!
Next month marks 1 year since my 2nd miscarriage but I honeslty think I will be fine. Baby girl reminds me of this every day. :-)

Michele said...

I am hoping that for you, Cheryl. So very much.