Wednesday, May 5, 2010

39 week appointment

So why is it that the girl who weighs me always thinks I weigh less then 150 pounds when I get on the scale. I am 2 pounds lighter than my husband right now. I always have to tell them to bump it up another notch. No way is that 100 pound notch going to work.

I peed all over my hand this time. It is the worst I've ever done. The problem was that I'm so hot and sweaty that I didn't really notice. I got very little in the cup.

We had a long wait in the room today and we didn't have much to talk about. M doesn't have much to do at work (good thing!) and we haven't been doing anything really interesting. So I just sat there and sweated all over everything. Once the doctor had me lay back for the check, I had to stand up to peel the paper from my butt! M helped me get the little shreds off after she left. He thought this was the funniest thing ever.

The big news is... no change! Still 2 cm, still 80% effaced. We are to walk, drink raspberry herbal tea (I hate tea), and have lots of sex. If I make it to my appointment on Wednesday, we'll talk induction.

10 comments:

Laura said...

Ah, so much for me to look forward to. I'm due in September...and get to look forward to sweating it out this summer in the Arizona desert. Sending you cool thoughts. Take care!

Kelli said...

Oh, poor Cheryl...I feel your pain. Right now, I'm so sweaty that I don't even want to be near myself. The paper on the butt thing was too funny. I had to laugh! I'm sorry! :) You can laugh at me...I'll be in the same boat tomorrow at my appointment...and still have 5 weeks to go. God help me if I'm still pregnant in June. I'll just sweat this baby out.

And thank God that our doc has a digital scale. No moving of those little notches...that always makes me feel even bigger than I am.

I'm glad all went well, though, even if there wasn't a change just yet. Fingers crossed that your little one gets the hint. Tell M to take some extra vitamins as he's got some work to do. ;)

Oh, and I don't like tea either (which is practically sacriliege here in the South). Yuck!

hhammer said...

I don't generally like tea either, but I do like the red raspberry leaf tea they recommend. It's not too bad. =)

Hope things progress quickly! So excited for your rainbow. =)

Leda said...

I am so very happy that you are thisclose to meeting your little sweetheart and finding out who you have been baking all this time!

Ms. J said...

save me some ice cream?

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

I'm so sorry, I laughed at the pee comment - I have done that the last three times, and I'm not that big yet! Seriously, they couldn't give us something to make it a little easier?!?

I hope that all of those tried-and-true methods work for you, and that you don't have to be at an appointment next week! I'm so glad that M is home for you.

Cape Girl said...

Wow!!! It's so close! I was hysterical when I read the paper stuck to the butt thing.

And about the peeing...is it me, or is it ridiculous to think that a woman should be able to pee in a cup without making a mess, normally, let alone pregnant!! You'd think that someone would have figured this out and compensated.

N said...

Your post cracked me up. I gained 42 lbs when I was pregnant and outweighed my 6'3" dh by about a lot (30lb) He is really thin and I'm not fat but definitely in the high "healthy weight" BMI category.

Peeing on on your hand also cracked me up. My DH fessed up to testing his pee on one of those sticks at MY appointment.

Good luck I hope your birth is a breeze.

Kailyn's Mommy said...

Just checking in here real fast while Kailyn (our LIL PEA) is sleeping. I can't wait for your baby to arrive. Motherhood is a bit hard this first week but at the same time absolutely amazing!!!
S/he may be taking their time to get here like our daughter and I completely know how uncomfortable you are, but it's well worth the wait!!

sanjeet said...

Sending you cool thoughts. Take care!
post free classified ads