Four more wake-ups until induction. I'm scheduled for 8 am Tuesday morning and it can't get here fast enough.
After this post, I'm taking myself for a walk. I don't have any fears that the baby will start coming out while I'm walking, so I'm ok with going while home alone. I feel dumb that I used to worry about that.
I don't have much else to talk about. The baby is moving fine and I'm cranky and uncomfortable. My Father in Law gave me a nasty, sinus-y cold. So I'm kind of grateful that we don't have a baby right now. When my MIL found out that I got sick, she went ape-shit on FIL. You know that scene in A Christmas Story where Ralphie's mom asks him where he heard the F word and he blames it on Flick (or Swartz... I can't remember)? And Ralphie's mom calls Flick's mom and you hear Flick's mom start beating him with the phone? That's what happened to my FIL yesterday. Poor man. It's not like he was trying to give me a cold. Now she's all doom and gloom about M getting sick, but mostly about her getting sick and not being able to touch the baby.
The thing with this cold is that now I feel all protective. No one is coming near our little family without a doctor's note saying they are healthy. And maybe I'll make everyone wear surgical masks. I'm absolutely in misery and I'm 30 years old. Imagine being 30 hours old and getting your first head cold.
So that's my update. I'm cranky. I'm sick. I'm still pregnant.
Friday, May 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Oh, I am sorry you are so sick. I was miserable enough when I delivered, can't imagine a cold on top of it.
Rest up (I know, I know, hard to do when you are so freakin' uncomfortable) if you can, maybe go get a pedi or something. . . baby will be here soon!!!!
Testing.
My comments to you don't post lately! It's driving me nuts!
Yayy! haha OK...
I bet you I'll still be pregnant at 40w2d also. My midwives don't induce until 42 weeks.
Thinking of you and hope you can get through the weekend smoothly and maybe get some rest.
Did we really make it to the end of this? Seems like just yesterday we were sharing our BFP's with each other!
Awwww I am sorry you have a cold! YUCK! But hopefully the baby doesn't come out while you are walking! LOL! Now I have an irrational fear..thanks! LOL
A note to everyone: The baby did not come out while I was walking. Don't worry Stephanie!
Poor you !!!!!!!! I had a nasty sinus cold going on too my last week and I was miserable!!!!
Hang in there girl. Not too much longer. So exciting.
I'm sorry you feel so cruddy and am happy the baby did not come out while you were walking..lol. Hopefully maybe your little one will decide to show up before the induction and the waiting will be over sooner.
I cracked up at the Christmas Story scene...I can just see that but in a grown-up version. :)
It sucks that you're sick! Hope it passes VERY VERY VERY quickly, my friend!
And you deserve to be as cranky as you need to be. Hang in there! :)
Maybe Mexican food will help? If you can eat salsa while walking, perhaps? :) I hope tomorrow's the day!
I hope you get to feeling better. I've already determined that nobody is coming near the baby without using hand sanitizer first when she comes - hopefully you're beyond the point of communicability when he/she/froggy comes!
Oh no!!!! That stinks!! I hope this cold clears out ASAP.
I hope you feel better really soon AND I hope that baby comes SOON!!!XOXO
Post a Comment