Sunday, May 23, 2010

We're Home!

[adorable picture removed]
[family picture removed]


Hi Everybody! I can't post much, but I wanted to say thanks for all the congratulations!



W was born at 12:10 am on May 19th. He is 8 lb, 6 oz and 21 inches long. He is a dream come true. I had a long labor with 3 hours of pushing when my doctor decided it was time to stop. When she went in with the C-Section, he was stuck with his head and shoulder all wedged together. He came out screaming and is a very healthy little boy.



We had some issues with feeding, he was so big and my milk wasn't coming in. We supplemented with some formula (with an SNS system - look it up - pretty cool) and it looks like I had some of the real stuff today. I'll have the full story at some point. I can't go up and down stairs a lot and the computer is int he basement, but I'll get it ALL on here.



Thank you so much for all the support and love. I can't wait to catch up with everyone else.



xoxoxo

18 comments:

Alyssa said...

That's so fantastic for both of you that you had access to an SNS. Perfect!

You guys all look great!

Kailyn's Mommy said...

I'm so happy for you!!! Sounds like our L & D are very similar!! After pushing for almost 2 hours our baby girl was also stuck behind my pelvis and they decided to do emergency C-section.
Glad to hear things are going good!! Again congrats!!

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

You are all so beautiful - he's so precious and big! I am just so happy for you - take care of yourself while you recover, but know that we can't wait to hear everything!! :)

Dawn said...

He is just perfect!! So happy for you and your hubby!! Glad you are all doing well.

Michele said...

SNS's are great!!!

He is gorgeous!

Jill said...

So exciting! He is beautiful! I'm so glad to hear you are all doing well. Congratulations!!!

Erin said...

Aww congrats!! What a beautiful baby!!

LuckyOnce said...

Congratulations again. He's beautiful, and you and your husband are glowing. Enjoy it!!

Ms. J said...

Mazel Tov!

He is gorgeous! (Not a surprise, of course!)

What a lovely first family photo :o)

Don't push yourself to update us - we know how tough it is the first few weeks to get your "Sea Legs" and find time for us in Bloggy World. We'll be here when you're ready ;o)

XOXOXOXOXOXO!!!!!!!!

Cape Girl said...

Congratulations! He is absolutely beautiful!

I'm so happy to see the pics..you look fantastic, too!

XOXO

Anonymous said...

He is soooo beautiful!!

Congrats!

Gina said...

Beautiful pix! Welcome home!

Kelli said...

Perfect...just perfect! :) Congratulations, again, Cheryl! Glad to hear that you're all doing so well!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations he is so cute!

Laura said...

Congratulations!! So happy for you!!

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

I just wanted to come here quick and respond to the sweet comment you left on my blog - I can't wait for lots and lots of C-section advice from you! I'm so lost on it, and you're such a great resource!

I hope you feel better and better every day!

Wendy said...

What a cutie and a great first family pic!! :) So glad to hear you are home safe and sound - looking forward to Wesley's birth story!

jill said...

Congratulations! He is so beautiful!