I'm happy to say that I'm not bored out of my mind. I am enjoying these days of relaxing and cleaning at a slow pace. This morning I am going to give the kitchen a good cleaning and do some vacuuming. Then the house will be as clean as it can get (except where I look down right now and see where M tracked leaves in from the grill last night... men!).
I had one "contraction" feeling thing this morning at 5:45. But still no other signs that anything is happening.
M and I feel like we're getting ready for a camping trip, but we don't know when we're leaving. We've stocked the house with non-perishable items and I'll make a trip to the store again today or tomorrow to get a few more things. We have enough meat in the freezer to last 3 weeks. Does it matter that we live 1/4 mile from the grocery store? That my mom will be here with us? That we have M's family 5 minutes away and amazing neighbors who would get us anything we need? It's a complete unknown out there. Our lives are going to explode with change this next week and we have no idea what to expect. I deal with it by cleaning. M deals with it by... um... not really doing anything different.
So here's to waiting and drinking all the raspberry herbal tea I can handle. At least all the sugar I put in it is keeping the baby busy!
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

13 comments:
so so close now!!
Good luck!!!
♥
Sass
I know it sounds crazy, but you'll be really happy to have those things in your freezer even with all the help available. There will be enough unexpected things that come up in the first couple of weeks. Getting yourself out to the store for milk seems like a huge ordeal. :)
Good luck with the waiting!!
I was wondering (hoping!!) when we didn't hear from you over the weekend that you might be at the hospital...oh, well! Soon. It has to be soon!! :)
We've started doing the same thing with the non-perishable food stuff...other stuff, too, like toilet tissue, detergent, dishwasher soap, toiletries, etc. I've probably gone a little overboard but I'd rather have too much as opposed to too little. We also live just down the road from several major stores but it's part of the nesting process, right??
Keep drinking, sister! Can't wait to hear that it's 'time'!!
BTW: I laughed until I cried at your comment on my site. Hilarious!! And, of course, I didn't think you were creepy! :p
I was wondering about you when we didn't hear from you over the weekend! In case I don't have a chance to tell you before "it's time", I want you to know that I am so appreciative of you and your strength. You really helped me believe that I, too, can maintain a healthy pregnancy. I'll be praying for you and that sugar-high baby!
Exciting! Can't wait to hear about the arrival of your little one!
This waiting is absolutely killing me!! I had a dream last night that you posted a baby is here post today and it was a BOY!!!!
Getting close. . .
Come on contractions!!!
I think it's a damn good thing you're all stocked up! You never know!
Thinking about you and hoping it's really soon....
I have all intentions of preparing the same way. We have a great support group, but ya never know. Can't wait until your little one gets here!!!
I think it's SO smart to prepare all of that stuff ahead of time. That makes sense to just have it even after everyone goes, too - you may not use it right away, but it'll come in handy at some point!
I'm so excited for you - I keep checking your blog for news!
let's go baby! your mommy and daddy are excited to meet you! ;)
Sending you contraction/labour vibes!
Post a Comment