It's so weird to think back to myself a year ago. May 4, 2009 was the last time I saw my little boy alive on the ultrasound screen. It was such a great day. I remember calling our parents and squealing about how cute he was. We knew he'd here in November. We started telling everyone. I now know that he passed away a few days later, while we were still sharing the happy news.
I am not where I thought I would be now. I'm not sure how I'll feel as the actual anniversary arrives. I hope it turns out a lot like his due date, where I felt that he would want me to be happy with all the great news I was having. I hope that I'll feel at peace on May 18th and feel him looking down at us as a new little family of three. He won't be the one we'll be hugging and holding and loving, but he'll be in our hearts.
Of course, I still have a tiny voice telling me I'm not out of the woods yet. This baby still has to make it to the day it (finally) decides to be born. Then the delivery has to go well. And all the other unknowns have to line up. I'm afraid. But hopeful. And looking forward to something great.
Tuesday, May 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Just wanted to send you a bloggy-hug, and let you know that I am thinking of you, with lots of empathy and understanding.
I've got my own M/C anniversary coming up in a few days, too.
I am sure today is just so incredibly bittersweet - so full of memories and desire, and yet hope and excitement for the baby to come. I'm thinking of you as you experience all of it. Hugs.
Isn't it amazing how fresh these dates our in our memories? Sending you hugs while you remember this little one.
This title post made me think of the song from Rent:
****
Five hundred twenty-five thousand
Six hundred minutes,
Five hundred twenty-five thousand
Moments so dear.
Five hundred twenty-five thousand
Six hundred minutes
How do you measure, measure a year?
In daylights, in sunsets, in midnights
In cups of coffee
In inches, in miles, in laughter, in strife.
In five hundred twenty-five thousand
Six hundred minutes
How do you measure
A year in the life?
*****
Sending you hugs as you reflect on the past year and your little one above.
it amazing
post free classified ads
Post a Comment