9 days until my due date.
I’m starting to believe I will be pregnant forever. This is where my complete lack of patience is starting to show. Every time I have any kind of little pain, I wonder if this is the beginning. It never is.
My plan for the weekend was to walk all over the place and do all kinds of labor inducing things. M would not participate in the ones he would be useful for… he said the baby isn’t ready yet and blah blah blah.
I have lots of little things from the weekend:
I met up with an old friend for dinner on Friday. I hadn’t seen him since 2006! We had Pho (Vietnamese soup made out of salt and beef and noodles). We were sitting around talking when I realized that my feet were exploding out of my shoes. Salty dinner plus hot day…. Oops!
We went to a sheep and wool festival on Saturday with the neighbors. It was a great time. I had Pit Lamb. Do you know how good Pit Beef is? Multiply that by 100. Wow. I did get to walk all afternoon and I wasn’t even that miserable! I had to wear normal shorts (I’m not about to go buy any more clothes!) and I had trouble getting them over my thighs. I did not see any pregnant sheep. Could you imagine being pregnant with something that has hooves???
Sunday was too hot to go outside, so no walking. Maybe tonight?
My bag is packed with a list of last-minute items sitting next to it. All of our windows are painted. My to-do list is still full of tiny things, but they are not anything that needs to be done before the baby comes.
Just waiting. Trying not to complain!
Monday, May 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Wow...9 days! :) I have times now that I have that 'pregnant forever' feeling and it's killer...I can't imagine being down to only 9 days. I'm sure I'll go crazy! :)
Sounds like you had a great weekend! So much fun.
Hang in there! Fingers crossed that your little one makes his/her entrance soon...keep us posted. :) (nd tell M to get on the ball...he needs to help a girl out, ;p)
Almost there!
Ugh! Pregnant with HOOVES! ;)
You know what they say about a watched pot never boils, LOL.
Eh, do what I did . . . convince yourself you need a good night's sleep and take a Benadryl to really put yourself into a deep sleep. Then wake up 30 minutes later to your water breaking. FUN! Nothing like heading to the hospital tired, with a drug in your system that induces sleep, in a snowstorm.
Scratch that . . . go get yourself a big ol' ice cream cone ;o)
OMGOSH GET OUT OF HERE 9 DAYS!!! I have to admit, I was doing the countdown with you as you post your weekly posts, but it really didn't hit me that your lil'babe is almost ready to come into this world! This is so amazing Cheryl - I hope that you have a great week - keep us posted on your status!! This is REALLY HAPPENING - AH!
Hang in there and GOOD LUCK!
Yay for 9 more days! Make sure you go out to dinner with your boy a couple more times. (It's very tough at the beginning to get an hour away!) Also, do you have stuff in your freezer for the first couple of weeks for dinners? Lunches? Sorry to be little miss practicality, but those are little things that you can occupy yourself with over the next week (and you'll be so glad you did!) I'm still trying to figure out what kinds of non-casserole stuff I can freeze to pull out in July when I don't want to start my oven! :)
Oh, my gosh, I can't believe that you're right here at the end! You've come such a long way - I am so happy for you! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that tomorrow is the day!! :)
Wow only 9 more days. I hope your little one decides to come right on time. Between you and Nicole I am SO SO excited!!!
Well I'm sorry to have to say it could be more than 9 more days!! Or you could be like all my friends who either went early or on time.
Maybe your having a stubborn little girl like me! ;-)
40wks 3 days and counting!!
Since we are going in Wednesday for induction just want to wish you the best of luck now and can't wait to find out what you had!!
Sounds like you had a great weekend! So much fun.
post free classified ads
Post a Comment